Michigan Governor: Keep Tax Cuts, Increase Unemployment Benefits
- Bad Deal, Wrong Direction. BOROSAGE, ROBERT // Progressive Populist;1/1/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p10
The author criticizes the deal entered between U.S. Republicans and President Barack Obama that will extend the tax cuts for the wealthy and unemployment compensation.
- Lower taxes led to slower economic growth. PECINOVSKY, TONY // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;1/17/2013, Vol. 76 Issue 23, p2
The article focuses on the issues concerning fiscal cliff deal in reference with the tax cuts in the U.S. which led to slower economic growth.
- Tax-cut proposal probably a good compromise. Hicks, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p24A
The article reports on the analysis of the extension of the Bush tax cuts which involves the legislation of the Economic Growth and Tax Reconciliation Acts of 2001 and 2003 in the U.S.
- Business welcomes talk of tax breaks in stimulus. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;1/6/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the provision of tax cuts welcomed by the U.S. business industry as part of an economic recovery package.
- 2011 KICKOFF. // Accounting Today;Jan2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses the deal considered by the U.S. Congress that would extend all of the tax cuts made by former U.S. President George W. Bush, extend unemployment benefits, reduce payroll taxes, and extend a number of credits as of January 2011.
- Deceptive Rhetoric Abounds in Tax Debate. SOWELL, THOMAS // Human Events;12/13/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 43, p18
The article focuses on the debate over whether to extend the period during which unemployment benefits will be provided, or to give tax cuts to the rich.
- Let the games begin. Malveaux, Julianne // Michigan Citizen;1/8/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 9, pA7
The article discusses the issues related to unemployment insurance and Social Security tax cuts in the U.S.
- Let the Games Begin by Dr. Julianne Malveaux. Malveaux, Julianne // Washington Informer;1/5/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p15
The author discusses the extension of unemployment insurance and the Social Security tax cut that was allowed by U.S. House Speaker John Boehner. According to the author, House Republicans will be determined to pay for the legislation passed on December 22, 2011 and Boehner will probably be...
- Unemployment fund set to run out in 2006. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;12/6/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p1
The article reports that Michigan's unemployment insurance fund, once above $3 billion, may run out of money in 2006 and be forced to borrow from the federal government, potentially triggering higher taxes on employers. Dave Plawecki, deputy director at the Michigan Department of Labor and...