News In Brief: S&P Puts Wisconsin on Negative CreditWatch
- Texas Trans Lead With $7.8B in Light Long-Term Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33370, p7
The article reports on the budget shortfall in Texas in the form of a 7.8 billion dollar issuance of tax and revenue anticipation notes that will prevail the short-term market. It mentions that the long term supply is anticipated to be fairly lean for the week of August 23, 2010. It notes that...
- City's bond rating in jeopardy. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p1
Forecasts the decline of the existing bond rating of the city of Tucson, Arizona and its implications for economic development. Existing credit rating; Revenue from taxation; Implications for increased interest rates on bonds and increased budget deficit.
- Rockland County, N.Y., to Sell $30M of Rans. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;9/6/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33777, p1
The article presents information on the approval of the sale of 30 million U.S. dollars of revenue anticipation notes by the Rockland County, New York Legislature. The county has an estimated budget deficit of 95 million U.S. dollars to 97 million U.S. dollars and weakened credit ratings. It is...
- Fitch Knocks Down Wisconsin's Ratings to AA from AA-Plus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/5/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31217, p40
Reports the downgrade of the credit rating of the state from AA to AA-plus in Wisconsin. Reliance of the budget on nonrecurring revenues; Impact of the downgrade on the economy; Role of Moody's Investors Services in downgrading the state.
- Maryland's FY '03 Revenues $76 Million Less Than Expected. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p28
Reports on the difference between the estimated and actual revenue gained by Maryland during the fiscal year of 2003. Possibility of a budget deficit for the fiscal year of 2004; Possible factors that led to the difference; Possible consequences of the decline in revenue according to the...
- Cash-Strapped Governors Walking a Tax-Reform Tightrope. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p28
Focuses on the difficulty of governors in the Southwestern States to search for the middle ground between tax increases and lost revenues. Imposition of tax code to avert budget deficit; Transformation of complex tax laws; Assessment of property taxes and locks in ratios of tax rates.
- Hole in New Jersey Continues to Deepen As April Revenues Fall Drastically Short. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p3
Reports the state revenue decline in New Jersey. Occurrence of budget deficits; Evaluation of departmental allocation; Assessment of the fiscal crisis.
- N.Y.C. Cuts $3 Billion Note Sale in Half. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p5
Reports the cutting of revenue note sale in New York City. Cash balances of the year; Total budget deficit of the city.
- Pennsylvania Shortfall Deepens; Rendell Eyes Revise of FY 2011. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/4/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33310, p7
The article reports on the one billion dollars fiscal budget shortfall faced by Pennsylvania for 2010 due to its sluggish revenue collection and spending reduction.