Minneapolis' Miller & Schroeder Files for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Miller Decision Pending. Albanese, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31420, p1
Reports the bankruptcy of underwriter Miller and Schroeder Financial in the U.S. Consolidation of the institutional broker-dealer business; Settlement of lawsuits and regulatory fines; Application for Chapter 11 insolvency protection.
- Underwriter On Heritage Deal to Close. Albanese, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/17/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31306, p1
Reports on the impact of winding up the operations of Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Miller & Schroeder Financial Inc. on investors of defaulted bonds underwritten by the company for U.S.-based Heritage Healthcare. Assets sold off by the company; Events leading to bad financial health of the...
- Miller & Schroeder may be targeted for acquisition by investor group. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30182, p2
Reports that a group of investors is poised to acquire Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Miller & Schroeder Financial Inc. Identities of the four investors; Company profile; Financial performance.
- NOWHERE TO RUN, NOWHERE TO HIDE: THE IMPACT OF SARBANES-OXLEY ON SECURITIES ARBITRATION. Pierre-Louis, Lydie Nadia Cabrera // St. John's Law Review;Winter2007, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p307
The article explores the loopholes in the application of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code to the securities market. It also provides an overview of securities arbitration and bankruptcy law. It examines the relevant changes that Sarbanes-Oxley has made to the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. It proposes an...
- Miller & Schroeder Financial Leaves Retail Muni Business. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p3
No abstract available.
- Miller & Schroeder names banking chief. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30760, p25
Reports on the naming of Christopher J. Mason as senior vice president and director of fixed-income banking at Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Miller and Schroeder Financial Inc. Mason as former head of public finance for FINOVA Capital Corp.; Renaming of the public finance department to reflect...
- Calif. County Sues Dealer, Bond Lawyer. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30908, p1
Reports on the plan of San Bernardino County, California to file a civil lawsuit against Miller & Schroeder Financial Inc., one of its executive vice presidents and a lawyer. Massive case of alleged government corruption; Details of the lawsuit.
- Miller & Schroeder, Others Settle With San Bernardino, Calif. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p40
Reports the settlement of the lawsuit filed by San Bernardo County, and other authorities against Miller & Schroeder Inc. Basis for the allegations; Amount spent by the company for the settlement of the issue; Denial of the allegations by Miller & Schroeder.
- What's `best execution'? Regulators raise the bar. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p12
States that the best-execution examinations of broker-deals, will be set up by the National Association of Securities Dealers. How brokers fulfill their best-execution duties; Comments from Eugene Lopez, vice president of market services for the Nasdaq Stock market; Detailed information on...