State and Local Government Series Rates
- Louisville, Ky., Gets S & P Upgrade A Year After Jefferson County Merger. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p5
Reports that Standards & Poor's upgraded Louisville, Kentucky to AA from AA-minus citing its successful merger with Jefferson County. Effect of the upgrade on obligation bonds; Approval of the consolidation plan; Formation of the Louisville Metro Government; Louisville Metro's adoption of the...
- North Carolina debt growth explained. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;03/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30358, p8
Reports on the statement by Merrill Lynch & Co. analyst John Hallacy that North Carolina's plan to increase its bond sales to meet the needs of its growing population could affect the state debt's trading value. Increase in population by 11.5 percent since 1990; Approval of a $1.35 billion...
- State Ratings. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;04/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30878, p7
Reports on the stability of state bond ratings in the United States. Increase in states' general fund spending; General fund spending' outpacing of inflation and population growth; Increase in general obligation ratings.
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30890, p28
Reports on rating changes of bonds issued in the United States. Ankeny, Iowa, general obligation bonds; Virginia's Big Stone Gap Redevelopment and Housing Authority's correctional lease facility revenue bonds; Carbon County, Utah's solid waste disposal refunding revenue bonds.
- Triple-A influx shows times have changed, but they could change again. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p9
Reports on the trading of triple-A rated local government bonds in the United States. Number of government units with triple-A ratings; Factors contributing to triple-A upgrades; Comments from portfolio managers on triple-A bonds.
- The yield on Kenya's 10-year Treasury bond rose to 13.720% at auction. // African Business News;4/ 2/2013, p26
The article reports on the 13.720% increase from 13.630% in the yield of Kenya's 10-year Treasury bond.
- Unprecedented Chicago Deal Gets AA Marks. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p6
Reports that the Chicago Housing Authority of Chicago, Illinois has received AA rating for its $300 million of bonds to be sold during November 2001. Bond ratings for Chicago's bonds assigned by different rating agencies; Reason cited by the agencies for assigning the ratings; Effect of layers...
- GOVERNMENT BONDS. Olyphant, Murray // Banking;Jun65, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p12
Describes the market for government securities in the United States in 1965. Status of dealer transactions per week; Information on the bonds' maturities; Public holdings of the maturities. INSET: This Rates Your Interest.
- Upgraded Oklahoma City to Sell $80M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32341, p4
The article reports on the selling of 80 million dollars in general obligation bonds by Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The author mentions that the selling of general bonds is due to the first upgrade from the Standards & Poor's since the agency began rating the city's debt in 1974. According to city...