Reeling Mount Sinai Medical Center in Florida Gets Slammed by Fitch
- Fitch Ponders Rating. // Business Mexico;Oct2002, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
Reports that the Fitch bond rating agency could revoke Mexico's investment-grade status if steps are not taken to complete structural reforms. Upgrade of Mexico's foreign debt rating to investment grade in January 2002; Federal government's approval of a watered-down fiscal reform package.
- News In Brief: Mt. Sinai-NYU Rating Cut to BBB by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p2
Reports that rating agency Fitch Inc. has downgraded its rating of New York-based Mount Sinai-NYU Health System's outstanding bonds. Doubts expressed by Fitch regarding the Health System's leadership structure.
- Fitch rates Miss. Garvee bonds AAA. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p2
Reports on Fitch Inc.'s rating of Mississippi's upcoming $200 million Garvee bond issue.
- NYC GOs raised to A by Fitch IBCA. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p2
Reports on Fitch IBCA Inc.'s upgrading of New York City's $26 billion of the outstanding general obligation debt. Reasons for the upgrade; Criticism on the city's financial dependence on Wall Street; Remarks from Alan Hevesi, city comptroller.
- Fitch will use report to shine light on the practice of ratings shopping. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30732, p32
Reports on Fitch Inc.'s plans to use the result of its default study to examine the alleged practice of ratings shopping by bond issuers in the United States. Project planned to compare Fitch's ratings with those of competing rating agencies; Impact of comparison shopping on the bond market.
- Despite Asian crisis, Hawaii nabs AA-minus from Fitch for first-time GO rating. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30512, p34
Reports on Fitch IBCA Inc.'s AA-minus rating for Hawaii's $3.3 billion general obligation bonds. Implications of the initial ratings; Basis for the rating; Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investor Service's ratings for the issue.
- Fitch raises Detroit GO bonds to A-minus. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;03/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30608, p2
Reports on Fitch Inc.'s upgrading of the bond rating of Detroit, Michigan, from BBB-plus to A-minus.
- NEW JERSEY: Middlesex Lowered. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p31
Reports on the downgrading of multi-million dollars in outstanding debt and general obligation bonds of New Jersey by two ratings agencies as of January 2002. Factors responsible for the fall in grades; Drawbacks cited by ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc.
- County gets top bond rate yet again. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on the triple-A designations that have been awarded by bond-ratings agencies Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poors for the long-term and short-term debt offerings of Kent County, Michigan.