Buffalo, N.Y., Mayor Hopes to Thwart Downgrades With New Recovery Plan
- Buffalo, N.Y., Control Board Nears Underwrite Decision. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31766, p28
Reports on the increase in the projected budget deficit for fiscal 2004 in Buffalo, New York. Announcement of the projected budget deficit by the administration of Mayor Anthony M. Masiello; Amount of the budget deficit; Plans of the city government to reduce nonessential spending and impose a...
- The Sustainability of Fiscal Policies in the European Union. Papadopoulus, Athanasios P.; Sidiropoulus, Moise G. // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug99, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p289
This paper examines the stationarity of the inclusive-of-interest public deficit for five European Union economies, four of them being recently selected for entry into the European Monetary Union. Unit root tests are used not only to examine structural breaks and cointegration analysis, but also...
- GR city budget in commission's hand. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/5/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p3
The article discusses the budget plan of commissioners of Grand Rapids, Michigan for fiscal 2010 which includes tax increase to close the city's budget deficit.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Morocco Country Monitor;Mar2012, p14
The article discusses the outlook of Morocco's fiscal policy in terms of budget deficits.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Romania Country Monitor;Jun2012, p18
The article provides an overview of the fiscal economic situation of Romania as of 2012 mentioning the follow-on credit facility available for use on a contingency basis made by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) as well as the consolidated public-sector budget deficit in 2011.
- Missed opportunity. // Finance Week;11/05/99, p9
Comments on South Africa's government failure to implement a fiscal policy that will contribute to growth and job creation. Reasons for reducing the deficit; Social spending as a means of creating jobs; Worldwide trend towards balanced budgets.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Colombia Country Monitor;Nov2011, p16
The article offers information on the fiscal situation of Colombia in 2010 and 2011 such as the need for Congress to work on the reforms and a moderate cut in the budget deficit in 2010.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Slovenia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p17
The article forecasts the fiscal policy in Slovenia, in which it is predicted that the continued inability of the governing coalition to push through needed fiscal reform will keep the country's sovereign risk ratings in severe jeopardy.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Romania Country Monitor;Mar2012, p18
The article offers developments related to the fiscal situation in Romania relative to the assistance of the International monetary fund, budget deficit of the public sector and decline of its gross domestic product (GDP).