Fitch Sees Local Governments Staying Strong, Weathering Crisis
- Fitch Ratings Unshaken by Article 9 Revisions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p4
Reports on the announcement made by the U.S. rating agency Fitch Inc. that its credit rating policies for U.S. municipal bond issues will remain unaffected by state revisions. Impacts of the revision on bonds if the revision was done; Purpose of rules of the Uniform Commercial Code; Concerns of...
- Fitch Affirms Its Triple-A Rating For Financial Guaranty Insurance. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p29
Focuses on United States-based rating agency Fitch Inc.'s affirmation of its triple-A rating on monoline bond insurer Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.'s ability to pay claims. Insurers' strategy of avoiding high-risk sectors; Entry into the credit default swap business.
- Analyst keeping pressure on Disney. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/29/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 62, p5
Reports that the U.S. credit ratings agency Fitch Inc. has decided to downgrade Walt Disney Co.'s debt to the low investment grade of triple B. Doubts about Disney's ability to improve its earnings in light of the economy and the depressed travel and theme park sectors.
- Moody's Gives Stable Outlooks to States, Localities in 2016. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;12/4/2015, p26
The article reports on the study conducted by analysts from credit ratings agency Moody which investigates the credit outlook of state and local governments for the year 2016 and mentions an overview of the study.
- Fitch - US could lose AAA rating by 2013. Salih, Chris // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/22/2011, p1
The article reports on a warning by ratings agency Fitch Inc. that claims that the AAA rating for the U.S. is under threat if its politicians fails to face its growing problem in debt. It states that he agency placed he U.S. credit rating on negative in November 2011 citing the failure of U.S...
- Credit rating agencies hold a terrible power to ruin our economies. Preston, Alex // New Statesman;5/2/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 5051, p23
The article examines the potentially negative ways in which credit rating agencies can impact the economy. It specifically focuses upon the negative outlook rating that the bond rating firm Standard & Poorâ€™s (S&P) applied to the U.S. government. Also, the author recalls an event that...
- Pension Underfunding Spurs Wave of Moody's Downgrades in Illinois. Devitt, Caitlin; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/16/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34144, p1
The article focuses on the impact of unfunded pension liabilities on financial services company Moody's Investors Service's rating criteria for Illinois municipal credits led by Chicago and Cook County in Illinois. Topics discussed include need for local government reforms to prevent the number...
- N.C. Local Government Commission recognized as a credit strengthener. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30603, p3
Reports that Fitch IBCA Inc. has recognized North Carolina's Local Government Commission as a credit strengthener. Commission's ability to boost a municipality's rating; Commission's stringent financial surveillance of local governments and its review process.
- Bolstered by strong economy, agencies raise more ratings. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p1
Focuses on the report by investment agencies saying they raised more credit ratings of companies in the United States than they lowered for 1997. Ratio of upgrades to downgrades; Comment by Claire Cohen, vice chairman of state and sovereign credit ratings for with Fitch; Impact of the Asian...