Seeking Extra Funds, New Jersey Legislators Propose Tax Amnesty Bill
- State Tax Amnesty Programs on the Rebound. Wells, Steve C. // Journal of State Taxation;Spring2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p60
Examines how tax amnesty programs in the U.S. fit into their revenue raising plans. Type and effectiveness of revenue raising plans in Louisiana, Maryland and Ohio; Benefits of voluntary disclosure program.
- Wiping the Slate Clean: Individual Response to State Tax Amnesties. Alm, James; Beck, William // Southern Economic Journal;Apr91, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p1043
The results in this paper suggest that individuals respond systematically and predictably in their amnesty compliance behavior to changes in incentives introduced by an amnesty. In particular, changes in post-amnesty enforcement practices will encourage greater participation in an amnesty....
- New amnesty program in place for offshore cash. Moffitt, Clay // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/8/2011, p4
The article offers information on the new amnesty program for the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for taxpayers in the U.S.
- U.S. Tax Amnesty Over; New IRS Enforcement Actions. Mahany, Brian // India -- West;10/7/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 46, pA16
The author reports that some new programs are initiated by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for American taxpayers after completion of its tax amnesty program called Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative.
- TAX AMNESTY AND TAX REVENUE: EVIDENCE FROM IRELAND. Islam, Muhammad Q. // International Journal of Economic Research;Jan2007, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p105
Endogenous break date tests were utilized to determine if quarterly tax revenue data from Ireland (1957-2001) exhibits a break in trend. The test confirms a trend break around 1996Q2. However, this break in trend occurs eight years after the successful 1988 Irish tax amnesty program. Test...
- Tax amnesty program nets $6.6 million, squares 3,100 de inquent businesses. OREILEY, TIMOTHY // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/25/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 34, pP20
The article focuses on the business tax amnesty program in Nevada. It states that more than 3,100 businesses in the region have paid $6.6 million in delinquent taxes, $4.6 million of which goes to the general fund of the state and the rest being sent to local governments. This amnesty program...
- Pa. and Philadelphia Tax Amnesty Set to Begin. Melinson, Matthew D.; Thickening, Andre // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Spring2010, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the plan of Pennsylvania to start tax amnesty program on April 26, 2010 through June 18, 2010. It states that all taxes distributed by the Department of Revenue (DOR) that are overdue as of June 30, 2009 are entitled for tax amnesty program. It says that Pennsylvania tax...
- California Adopts "Tax Compliance" Measure. Micheli, Chris // Journal of State Taxation;May/Jun2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p65
Chris Micheli describes major revenue raising changes to California's tax laws, including a new limited-amnesty program, a financial institution data match system, cutbacks to the child and dependent care expense credit, and new look-up tables to assist taxpayers with use tax reporting...
- IRS BRIEFING. // Practical Accountant;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p18
The article reports developments related to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. The agency has released new versions of Forms 4506 and 4506-T which can be used to replace tax records lost in a fire, hurricane, flood or other casualty. On the other hand, a recommendation was made concerning the...