California Governor Says He Won't Resort to Car Tax
- Summit may not yield quick results for sluggish economy. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/29/2001, Issue 322841, p26
Editorial. Comments on the economic summit hosted by Governor Gray Davis in Los Angeles, California. Intention to explore the various solutions to the projected shortfall in the revenues; Requests of the governor to state agencies for a budget proposal; Need to take account the economic stimulus.
- Davis Vows to Balance California Budget Without 'Gimmicks'. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p5
Reports on California Governor Gray Davis's plans to introduce structural changes to eliminate budget deficits in the state as of January 2003. Davis's comments regarding the nature of the budget for the fiscal year 2003-2004; Revenue shortfall in the state projected by the U.S....
- Gov. Davis Eyes Tobacco For Budget. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p1
Reports on the proposal of California Governor Gray Davis to securitize state's share of the national tobacco settlement for balancing the budget of the fiscal year 2002 without increase in taxes. Budget shortfall in the year; Proposal to reduce expenditure; Finance of the general funds from...
- Gov. Davis' $10 Billion Reduction Plan Gets Some Support. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p7
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis' proposals to cut $10 billion in spending from the state's budget has drawn mild support from local government groups, lawmakers and rating analysts. Date scheduled for presenting the budget plan; Amount by which education funding will be reduced;...
- California's budget morass. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/6/2002, Issue 323017, p28
Editorial. Reports the proposal of governor Gray Davis to reduce federal budget in California. Impact of budget reduction on state spending; Opposition of Republicans on tax increase; Addition of tax funds to expand state programs.
- Local Leaders Wrestle Remedies for State Budget. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the budget proposal of California Governor Gray Davis to increase sales and income taxes in the state. Criticism against the state government for paying high wages to local and regional committee members; Call on the state to sell excess lands to the private sector; Suggestion of...
- California governor urges cash spending of huge budget reserve. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30643, p3
Relates the views of California governor Gray Davis on his spending plans for a $4 billion budget surplus. Plans for using cash in state transactions using bond proceeds; Sectors that may benefit from the surplus.
- Short Term: Define the Problem-Just How Big is the Hole? Doti, James L.; Adibi, Esmael // Orange County Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p63
Comments on the proposed budget cut of Governor Gray Davis in California. Evaluation of the budgetary situation of the state; Computation of the budget cuts.
- Business, labor both lose in davis' first budget. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;01/18/99, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the budget proposal by California Governor Gray Davis for 1999. Features of the campaign promises by Gray Davis when he was a candidate; Reaction by businessmen to Davis' budget; Total amount of the budget deficit in the state.