Municipal Prices Unchanged to Up 1/8 As Market Gears Up for Long Holiday
- Morgan Stanley presses SEC on ban in Massachusetts case. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p4
Reports on Morgan Stanley & Co.'s move to get the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to clarify whether its order temporarily lifting a two-year ban on the firm's doing municipal business with Massachusetts would extend the ban beyond the original termination date of September 9, 1998 if...
- Banned from suburbs. // Crain's New York Business;09/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p38
Reports that Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Discover & Company has banned itself from negotiating municipal bond sales for Westchester County, New York. What led Morgan Stanley to make this decision.
- Municipal Bonds Finish Unchanged; $5B of New Issues Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p2
Focuses on the amount of municipal bonds priced for retail in the U.S. Amount of Series A notes; Percentage yield of Series B notes; Retail order period opened by Morgan Stanley and Co.
- MSCI ponders weighty shift. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;7/24/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p1
Reveals the plan of Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) to change the way it weights companies in its indexes. Decision on whether to continue basing its stock weightings on a company's total capitalization or switch to considering only the equity available to the public; Possible...
- MSCI moves Portugal into EAFE index. // Pensions & Investments;6/9/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p17
Reports on Portugal's inclusion in the Morgan Stanley Capital International Europe Australasia Far East Index. Reference to its exclusion from the MSCI Emerging Markets Free Index; When the changeover becomes effective; Circumstances surrounding the change.
- Fund-friendly indexes. // Pensions & Investments;5/28/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the revision of the international and global indexes of Morgan Stanley Capital international (MSCI). Purpose of the revision of the indexes; Remarks from money managers on the revised indexes of MSCI.; Effect of the revised indexes on investment funds.
- STOCK WATCH INTERNATIONAL. // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Feb2003, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p11
Presents a graph depicting the stock index of Morgan Stanley Capital Investment in the U.S.
- Indexes have poor 3rd-quarter showing. // Pensions & Investments;10/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p53
Reports that The Morgan Stanley Capital International World Index gained an increase in dollar terms in the third quarter. Who recorded a decrease for the third quarter; Indentification of the best performer for emerging markets.
- Tough game of profiting from index rebalancings. Cohen, Jonathan E. // Pensions & Investments;5/13/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p12
Comments on the reconstruction of Morgan Stanley Capital International and EAFE equity indexes in the U.S. Time and resource value from the gaming index changes; Risk associated with gaming index changes; Assessment on strategies based on gaming index changes.