Outgoing Maine Governor Offers $118 Million Bond Plan
- Maine: Security Bond. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p30
Reports on the statement of Maine governor Angus King and the state's National Guard Officials that the state needs 25 million dollars to pay for security measures in the wake of September 11, 2001 Terrorist attacks in the U.S. Security needs of the state for which funds are required.
- Social Impact Bonds Find Little Support Among Lawmakers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/6/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34104, p1
The article focuses on the questions and concerns raised for the social impact bonds (SIBs) also called Pay for Success (PFS) contracts by U.S. federal lawmakers as of May 2014. Topics discussed include the views of U.S. senator Mark Warner on the importance of SIBs for private investors, the...
- Maine Governor Sends Lawmakers Bill to Plug $240 Million Budget Hole. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p35
Reports on efforts of Maine Governor Angus King to fill a budget deficit using revenues from different sources. Significance of a consensus between leaders of the joint appropriations committee and legislature on the issue; Possible amount that can be gained by balancing other expenses.
- MAINE: It's a Rainy Day. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31303, p35
Reports that the Governor of Maine Angus King has proposed usage of the entire rainy day fund of the state to balance the budget for the fiscal year 2002-2003. Possibility of the Legislature's approval of a supplemental budget that would delay tax reductions from the rainy-day fund; Inclusion...
- Maine to repeal snack tax. O'Rourke, Kevin // Drug Store News;5/22/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the repeal of selective tax on snack foods in Maine. Signing of the bill by Governor Angus King; Products affected by the tax.
- Maine Governor's $5.5 Billion Plan May Raise a Few Analysts' Eyebrows. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p4
Reports on Maine Governor Angus King's two-year spending plan announced on January 3, 2001. Bond component of the plan; Key provisions of King's proposal.
- MAINE: King-Size Savings. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p35
Reports on the cost-cutting efforts of Maine Governor Angus King. State costs planned to be saved by King; Decline in the state's revenue for the quarter ended September 30, 2001.
- Maine's Sen. King endorses former foe Susan Collins. // Hill;5/19/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 58, p10
The article reports on the political endorsement of Maine Republican Senator Susan Collins by her one-time political opponent Senator Angus King.
- Untitled. Relf, Tim // Farmers Weekly;5/23/2008, p75
An image of Paul Moxham, Jamie Wood and Angus King, who were the winning team at the 2008 Polar Challenge race to the Magnetic North Pole, is presented.