Lesson From Vegas
- Free ride. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Aug1995 Supplement, Vol. 170 Issue 32, p10
Features the Las Vegas Strip monorail in Nevada. Offer of free transportation to riders daily by dual-lane tracks carrying two six-car trains; Number of people served per day at maximum capacity.
- Minority leaders set sights on monorail. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;7/16/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p6
Focuses on the monorail project by the Nevada Minority Purchasing Council Inc. (NMPC) in Las Vegas. Management of the construction of the private monorail system; Range of potential opportunities offered by NMPC; Features of the driverless automatic train.
- Untitled. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2010 Book of Lists Supplement, p101
A photograph of the Las Vegas Monorail in Nevada is presented.
- Seattle voters to face monorail plan despite opposition from local leaders. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/28/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30261, p1
Focuses on the proposed construction of a 40-mile monorail railroad in Seattle, Washington. Seattle Mayor Norm Rice's opposition against the initiative; Estimated costs of the project; Effort of several residents to support the project.
- Monorail Terminal/Downtown Shopping. Gengle, Dean // Advocate;1/11/78, Issue 232, p8
Focuses on a ride on monorail in Seattle, Washington that connects the downtown area in the city with the center.
- Sydney Monorail going. // Travel Daily;9/5/2012, p3
The article reports on the advertisement from the New South Wales government regarding the Registration of Interest from organisations to undertake the removal of the Sydney Monorail in the region.
- Untitled. // Eastern Eye;2/7/2014, Issue 1237, p19
The article offers information on the launch of the first monorail system in Mumbai, India which aims to enhance the transport infrastructure and ease traffic in the city.
- DELHI: Work on Monorail To Start Next Month. // India -- West;1/25/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 10, pA44
The article offers information on monorail network in north India that will be commissioned in 2017 at the cost of 32 billion dollars.
- Left in suspense. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2012, Vol. 168 Issue 3, p78
The article reports that the Fiji government seemed to be less convinced of JRK & Associates' idea of establishing a monorail to link Suva and Nausori.