Internal Revenue Service Clarifies 501(c)(3) Tax Issue
- IRS Field Service Advice Maintains Notes Did Not Have Federal Guarantee. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/13/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30911, p5
Focuses on the advice given by the United States Internal Revenue Service on debt service paid on notes sold by a state authority to provide interim loans for local projects. Failure of the state's move to create a federal guarantee; Possible actions of the field service advice on the notes;...
- IRS Allows Issuer to Pay Debt Service With Trust Income. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p5
Focuses on the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to allow issuers of tax exempt bonds to pay debt service with trust income. Reference to the IRS decision on the Arizona School Facilities Board case; Effect of the ruling on the tax-exempt bond community; Details of the...
- Texas Health Agency's $61M of ARS Under Audit. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/28/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33207, p5
The article reports on the move of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit 61.3 million dollars of auction-rate securities issued in 2005 by the Coastal Bend Health Facilities Development Corp. of Corpus Christi, Texas. It states that the audit is a random check for compliance with the...
- IRS Issues Favorable TAM on Advance Refunding Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;9/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34382, p1
The Internal Revenue Service chief counsel's office has issued a technical advice memorandum that was favorable to an issuer of advance refunding bonds.
- IRS Rule Aids Loan Mods. // Mortgage Servicing News;Jul2008, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p27
The article reports on the new ruling offered by the U.S. Internal Revenue Services toward mortgage brokers. The said rule will encourage servicers to determine and assist borrowers that have a high risk of eventual foreclosure without threatening the tax status of the Real Estate Mortgage...
- IRS: Issuer of Tax-Exempts, BABs, Can Reallocate Proceeds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;9/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34172, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has ruled that an issuer of tax-exempt bonds and Build America Bonds (BAB) can reallocate its proceeds. It further mentions that the government agency has also concluded that the issuer can use earnings on BAB proceeds in a reserve fund...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.