Housing Starts Off; Permits Rise in Dec
- NEW-HOME PRICES FALL TO LEVELS OF 10 YEARS AGO. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/18/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 42, pP12
The article reports on the decision of homebuilders in Las Vegas, Nevada to reduce their production and prices.
- "Perfect Home" Breaks Ground. // Environmental Design & Construction;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the groundbreaking on 'The Perfect Home' residential construction project in Indiana which aims to build houses with environment-friendly and energy-efficient features. Designers who created the features of the project; Market potentials of the project according to observers.
- Eco cottage. Stringer, Richard; Blunck, Reiner // Architecture Australia;May/Jun95, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the Hammond house which is situated below a high ridge north of Noosa. View and description of house.
- Home buyers prefer Calgary. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/29/93, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p14
Cites figures from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation which announced last week that Calgary experienced a 34% increase in new home construction compared to October 1992 while Edmonton saw a 43% decline. Numbers of units being built in Calgary; Possible consequence of recent...
- Gates House: High-tech domestic laboratory. J.S.R. // Architectural Record;Sep1990, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p25
Comments on an architectural competition to build a residence for William Gates, the founder of Microsoft Corp. Designs submitted; Focus on residential use of computers throughout the house.
- Breaking ground. Brown, L. // Black Enterprise;Oct87, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p77
Tells how to negotiate with contractors and developers when building your own home. How one man built his dream house. INSET: The pre-fab alternative (and where to send for helpful....
- Creating a dream home. Gite, L. // Black Enterprise;Oct87, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p67
With a little energy and ingenuity you can turn a house into your ideal home. How several black professionals transformed old houses for themselves.
- New build starts to fall. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jun95, p7
Cites a report by the National House-Building Council which shows that fewer new homes were started in the first quarter of 1995 in Great Britain. Comparison with 1994 figures; Total number of applications to start new homes; Increase in completions; City analysts' cutback of forecasts for...
- Slight hope and slim pickings. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb96, p14
Reports on the increased housing construction in Great Britain for 1995. Number of applications for new homes; Building organizations reporting construction gains; Problems facing building forecasts for 1996.
- A developer's point of view. // Builders Merchants Journal;May96, p16
Focuses on the need to develop a more systematic approach to housebuilding in Great Britain. Meeting of new market demands; Decrease of building time.