Municipal Bond Prices Off 1/4 to 1/2; Treasuries Dive Ahead of Short Day(96%)
- Muni Bond Indexes Fall in Latest Week. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;12/5/2014, p8
The article reports that the Bond Buyer's 20-Bond General Obligation (GO) Index of 20-year GO yields declined to 3.83% in the week ending December 3, 2014 from 3.94% in the previous week.
- Munis Continue to Weaken In Buyer-Seller Standoff. SEYMOUR, DAN // American Banker;4/5/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 52, p7
This article reports on municipal bonds and the effect of their limited demand, poor performance, and low yields on banking and investments in 2011.
- Muni Yields Fall in Quiet Trading. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p2
Focuses on the value of municipal bonds in the U.S. money market as of December 6, 2002. Comparison of the financial performance with that of October and November; Assessment of the economy on the basis of the employment report by chief economist at T. Rowe Price Associates Inc.; Observation of...
- Ahead of Th iving,a Non-Issue Day. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/29/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33423, p2
The article reports on the author's analysis of the municipal bond market performance in the U.S. as of November 24, 2010.
- Muni Bond Indexes Strengthen in Latest Week. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/08/2015, p34
The article discusses the gains and losses posted in the BondBuyer's Municipal Bond Index, 20-year General Obligation bond Index, and Revenue Bond Index for the week ended January 8, 2015.
- Friday's Data. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34380, p40
The article presents data on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market on September 17, 2015.
- Munis Mostly Mixed Ahead of Holiday. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/20/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33044, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of the municipal market in New York City. It is inferred that the market has obtained mostly mixed yield as traders sold lower on January 16, 2008. In the economic data being released, the consumer price index dropped by 0.7% in December of 2008...
- Munis Finish Weaker, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32817, p2
The article reports on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. for February 14, 2008. The municipal bond market was infirmer, following the Treasury market, which has seen yields increase some. According to a trader in New York, three or four basis points weaker, mostly on the...
- Munis Weaken as Small New Issue Calendar Looms. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;12/14/2105, p1
Municipal bonds weakened at mid-session, traders said, with yields on some top shelf maturities strengthening by as much as one basis point.