In the Eye of a Hurricane
- ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p18
Presents charts and a graph related to energy and power industries in the U.S. as of October 27, 2003.
- Company news. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Jul95, Vol. 209 Issue 7, p16
Presents company news briefs. Agreement between IBM and TELCO Energy Inc. to demonstrate and evaluate an advanced smart-home energy management and communication system; Joint venture between Portland General Electric Co. and Edmonton Power to offer power to West Coast markets; Illinois Power...
- State's new power companies begin marketing in Valley. Franks, Jonathan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/10/97, Issue 322223, p1
Details the marketing efforts of new power companies in San Joaquin River Valley, California as deregulation day of the industry nears. Financial details of the deregulation policy; Enron Corp.'s plan to offer advanced services; New West Energy's seminars on deregulation; Montana Power Co.'s...
- Upcoming changes in electric industry outlined by PG&E president. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/24/97, Issue 322229, p9
Reports on changes in the energy market which will bring significant benefits to customers in California according to Pacific Gas and Electric Co. chief executive officer and president Robert D. Glynn Jr. Opportunity to lower energy costs; Reduction of electricity prices; Savings from the...
- Geothermal exploration starts again in Nevada. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;04/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p41
Presents news updates related to the energy sector in Nevada as of April 13, 1997. Exploration of geothermal reserves; Launching of the Nevada Energy Awareness Week.
- Annual Energy Outlook 1997. // Monthly Energy Review;Jan97, pVII
Presents projected developments in the energy industry of the United States for 1997 contained in the report `Annual Energy Outlook 1997.' Impact of low petroleum prices; Projections on average crude oil prices; Restructure of the electricity industry; Effects of technologies on natural-gas and...
- Performance profiles of major energy producers 1995. // Monthly Energy Review;Jan97, pXII
Focuses on the performance profile of energy producers in the United States for 1995. Rise in overall income and profitability of major US energy companies; Collection of data by US Energy Information Administration; Sharp growth in demand for natural gas; Impact of deregulation; Low...
- Section 1. Energy overview. // Monthly Energy Review;Jan97, p1
Enumerates data on the energy industry of the United States from 1973 to 1996. Energy production by source; Energy consumption by source; Energy net imports by source; Merchandise trade value; Cost of fuel to end users; Overview of US petroleum trade; Heating and cooling degree-days.
- Section 5. Oil and gas resource development. // Monthly Energy Review;Jan97, p81
Focuses on oil and gas resource development in the United States from 1973 to 1996. Oil and gas resource development indicators; Oil and gas drilling activity measurements; Number of oil and gas wells drilled.
- Section 10. International energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Jan97, p129
Features updates on international energy industries and power resources as of January, 1997. Average world crude oil production from 1973 to 1996; Petroleum consumption in Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries; Petroleum stocks in OECD countries; Nuclear...