- Assessing the global import of the dollar's drop. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;1/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p17
Discusses the value of the United States dollar in January 2001 and suggests that it may be ready to fall.
- DO YOU REALLY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT The Dollar? Brown, Ed // Fortune;5/26/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p22
Looks at the strength of the American dollar in 1997. Reason why foreign currency traders should be concerned with the strength of the dollar; The strong dollar as a cause for celebration for most Americans; Why the strong dollar is a mixed blessing for corporations; The interesting contrast...
- THE VALUE OF A DOLLAR. // Cobblestone;Mar2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p20
Presents an activity about the value of a dollar.
- High dollar no reason for rate cut. Shann, Ed // BRW;12/16/96, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p36
Presents a commentary on the strength of the Australian dollar in late 1996. The effect of the weakness of commodity prices in 1996; Australian-dollar returns for rural and mining exporters; Higher dollar implying a tightening in monetary policy; The author's opinions on the higher dollar; The...
- Kiwi flies! // BRW;6/5/95, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p13
Speculates on the possible parity between the New Zealand and Australian dollar. New Zealand's economic management and fundamentals; Rate of the American dollar; Effect of election on exchange rates.
- Investors blinded. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;10/5/2001, p12
Reports the implications of the dollar value for investors in South Africa. Major industrial and retail companies with primary local business; Local assets at low prices; Headline earnings per share of the companies. INSET: Local shares still underrated, by Vic de Klerk..
- The Dollar and the Euro. Bergsten, C. Fred // Foreign Affairs;Jul/Aug1997, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p83
Presents an essay dealing with the global and political impact of the development of the single European currency in the international monetary system. Five key factors that determines whether a currency will play a global role; America's trade's doubts about the future value of the dollar;...
- Latest developments--major currencies. // World Trade;Nov97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p82
Provides information on the developments of major currencies in different countries. Monetary figures that appreciated the United States dollar; Effect of the US dollar high mark to German and American economy; Impact of the dollar juggernaut to Japanese yen.
- Falling dollar stirs fears of trouble ahead. Wood, Crispin // BRW;06/08/98, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p31
Reports on the fall of the Australian dollar in 1998 and the question of at what level the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) would be prepared to step in and lift interest rates. Monetary policy seen as Australia's only real defense against a lower currency; Australian dollar well below fair...