- Will work for free. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/25/95, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p47
Relates that Alberta's Social Services Department spokesman Bob Scott said in September 1995 that Calgary community groups which need workers for projects should call the government. The department hoping to find 100 placements for its Jobs Corp. program; Purpose of the program.
- Job fairs. // Camping Magazine;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p62
Lists job fairs in the United States for camping professionals from January to April 1995. Date and site of job fair; Contact information.
- Techies exit city jobs. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p6
Focuses on New York city officials' effort to help fill the city's technology-related job vacancies.
- US job machine in high gear, but wages move slowly. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;1/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 42, p1
Reports that employment opportunities in the United States are high. Expected effects of such high employment; Comments from Federal Reserve Board chairman, Alan Greenspan; Ease with which a job was found by Boston resident, John Golden; Comments from labor economist, Audrey Freedman. INSET:...
- Warm spring seen for US job market as Midwest leads the way in... // Christian Science Monitor;2/25/97, Vol. 89 Issue 62, p8
Reports that jobs hunters in the United States should have an easier time finding employment in spring 1997, according to a survey, which was released on February 24, 1997. Industries which will lead the way in hiring; Percentage of American businesses which plan to increase hiring in the...
- Job availability. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct95, p11
Reports on job availability trends in the United States as of August 1995. Consumer attitudes; Job losers and leavers; Help-wanted index; Hiring difficulties by selected occupations.
- Pledge-A-Job kickoff set. // Inside Tucson Business;03/23/98, Vol. 7 Issue 52, p24
Reports on the holding of a kickoff breakfast for the annual Pledge-A-Job employment program on April 2, 1998 in Tucson, Arizona.
- Average yearly employment by industry. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, 1995 LI Almanac p53
Presents graphs illustrating average yearly employment by industry in Long Island, New York as of 1994. Manufacturing; Construction and mining; Public utilities and transportation; Retail trade; Finance, insurance and real estate; Services & miscellaneous; Government; Chart illustrating the...
- LI employment trends jobs gained--jobs lost 1991-1994. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, 1995 LI Almanac p54
Presents a chart illustrating employment trends in Long Island, New York over the 1991-1994 period. Average yearly employment; Yearly change; Number of jobs gained.
- Job availability. Newman, Katherine S. // National Forum;Summer96, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on job availability in the United States. Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) as one of the nation's least favorite instruments on social policy; Comparison of people whom the employer chose and those whom they rejected; Efforts being made by job seekers; Comparison of people...