- City makes splash with water company buy. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/31/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p12
Reports on the plans of city mayor Bart Petersen and NiSource Inc. officials to purchase Indianapolis Water Co. in Indiana. Governance of the water operations by a bipartisan board; Value of the sale of the utility; Advantages of the operation of the water company by the government.
- City, utility wage water war. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p1
Reports the plan of the city government to purchase Indianapolis Water Co.(IWC) in Indiana. Appeals made by the lawyers of IWC to the appellate and supreme court; Reasons for the purchase of IWC by the government; Petition filed by the city government to the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission.
- Rebuffed once, IWC seeks new rate hike approval. Kukolla, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/10/94, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p1A
Reports on the case filed by the Indianapolis Water Co. (IWC) on September 23, 1994 for an increase in water rates. Statement from IWC; Background accounts; Dividends paid by the company; Previous cases filed.
- Fusion tapping used with HDPE pipe. // American City & County;Oct95, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p76
Features the Indianapolis Water Company's (IWC) water utility technology. Use of sidewall fusion tapping along high density polyethylene (HDPE) water mains to join service lines; Eliminating potential leaks at service connections; Process of fusion tapping; IWC's service and capacity.
- Suitors surface to run utility. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the task of choosing an operator for the Indianapolis Water Co. Acquisition of the water company by the city of Indianapolis, Indiana; Candidates to run the operation.
- How the deal will get done. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p55
Reports on Indianapolis, Indiana's acquisition of Indianapolis Water Co. Price of the company; Financing of the acquisition.
- Groups form Citizens Water Coalition. Maurer, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p29A
Reports on the formation of the Citizens Water Coalition to address the problems arising from the private management of Indianapolis Water Co. Members of the coalition; Customer service and billing problems of the company.
- Water bid stresses charitable giving. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p3A
Reports the competition of companies to manage the operation of the Indianapolis Water Co. Promotion of the quality of life elements of the community values; proposal of the companies to manage the facilities; Role of Peter Beering as the associate general counselor of the company.
- Wanted: terrorist expert. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/24/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p3
Profiles Peter Beering, deputy general counsel for Indianapolis Water Co. Expertise in anti-terrorism; Education; Work experience; Involvement in city government projects.