Lower and Lower
- O'Bannon breaks promises with fancy footwork. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10A
Focuses on the legislative bills with budget implications signed and vetoed by Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon. Measures signed into law include the Medicaid disability bill and the compromise between business and organized labor that ratchets up payment for unemployment compensation;...
- Traditional thinking thwarts cash-strapped legislators. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p14
Comments on the opinion of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon about the budget deficit incurred by the state and details the initiatives to augment the government expenditures and improve the state's economic condition. Proposal of a flat-lining education spending in his budget; Securitization of...
- Full plate awaits state lawmakers. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/04/99, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p3
Analyzes issuer pertaining to legislative bodies in Indianapolis, Indiana, as they open the 1999 session on January 5. Likelihood of sweeping tax reform; Governor Frank O'Bannon's budget proposal; Proposed tax cuts over the next four years; Reaction of the business community to the upwardly...
- O'Bannon will reappear at budget end-game. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/22/99, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p10A
Examine the role played by Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon in the state legislature's budget process. O'Bannon's offering of a budget outline in 1997 that was light on tax and fiscal changes; Development of a compromise deal that satisfied the labor segment and provided spending and tax cuts;...
- Indiana Governor Calls Lawmakers Back Into Session, Demands Shortfall Solution. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p32
Announces the special session of legislators with Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon about tax restructuring and balancing. Concerns on budget deficits; Impact of tax increase on homeowners; Creation of deficit management plan.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p23
Reports on developments in the bond market in the U.S., compiled as of December 24, 2003. Supreme court's decision to overturn a ruling that former Governor Frank O'Bannon violated the Indiana Constitution when he returned vetoes to the legislature after lawmakers adjourned; Metropolitan...
- Governor's initial budget plan 'uncovered' Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/15/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p14
Comments on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's budget proposal to the Indiana General Assembly. Bottom line in budget-making; Estimated deficit for fiscal year 2002; Expected revenue shortfall for fiscal year 2001.
- O'Bannon Wants Taxes To Fix, Protect Schools. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;1/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p16
Offers a look at Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's State of the State Address. Plan to raise taxes on cigarettes and riverboat gambling as the way to end fiscal crisis and protect state funding for schools; Strategy for balancing the budget; Support of the governor's plan from Frank Bush, the...
- Governor's tax proposal could use a tweak. // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/04/99, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p12
Editorial. Comments on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's tax proposal. Need for tax reform; Legislators' need to use the governor's proposals as a starting point for creating a more comprehensive tax-relief package; Need to shift welfare costs from local governments to the state.