California Water District Readies $200 Million Variable-Rate Deal
- A Thirst for Refunding. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p1
Reports the selling of the variable-rate revenue refunding bonds of Metropolitan Water District of Southern California. Exploration of the controversial plan to store water in Mojave Dessert; Percentage rate of the payment of the bond; Uses of the proceeds of the funds.
- California's MWD using Web for $100 million sale. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;11/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30760, p3
Announces plans of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California to competitively sell water revenue bonds electronically. Start time for collecting binds on its debt over MuniAuction Inc.'s web site; Move to reduce costs; Use of proceeds from the sale; Transaction allowing submitting...
- Competitive Bond Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;12/2/2014, p5
Tables are presented which show the competitive bond sales of various issuers including the Van Buren School District #42 in Arizona, the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and the municipality of Greeley in Colorado for the period December 2, 2014 to January 22, 2015.
- 1.6 toilet performance getting better with time. Heselbarth, Rob // Contractor Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p5
Deals with the study `Ultra-Low-Flush Toilets--Consumer Satisfaction Survey,' conducted by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California to determine if customers were satisfied with their low-flush toilets. Finding on the satisfaction of consumers with the performance of 1.6 toilets;...
- With more than $400 mil. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/10/2015, pA02
The article reports on the decision of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California not to accept new applications for rebates as it has already paid more than 400 million dollars in rebates to people who replaced turf with low-water plants.
- Who's behind big, bad Delta island water grab? Cline, Harry // Western Farm Press;1/2/2016, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p5
The author argues on the plan of water utility company Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD) and three other Kern County agricultural water agencies to acquire the Northern California Delta islands to provide groundwater banking and storage and irrigation.
- District Develops Integrated Control System. Pomatto, Larry // WaterWorld;Oct2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the Metropolitan Water District (MWD) of Southern California's development of an integrated water utility control system. Distinction as possibly the world's largest water filtration and distribution organization; Organization of MWD in the 1920s; Upgrading of its system; Awarding of...
- $30 Million at Risk in Latest Water War With State. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the conflicts between the Metropolitan Water District (MWD) of Southern California and the state government. Standoff between the MWD and California governor Gray Davis over a plan to use state water bond funds to aid a few water transfer deal; Decision of the senate to remove from...
- Colorado River Water Deal Comes Up Short -- Again. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p15
Reports on the opposition of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California over the Quantification Settlement Agreement signed between the states of Southern California and San Diego. Sources of water; Costs of pipe installation; Terms of the deal.