Bank of New York's Deal With Kmart May Cost It $15 Million
- Oregon Treasury taps BONY as fiscal agent. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p32
Reports on the appointment of the Bank of New York (BONY) as fiscal agent for Oregon's general obligation bonds. Duties of BONY's position; Management of the Local Government Investment Pool Program.
- Banks of New York's new weapon. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;5/18/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the installation of the BondNet, an electronic trading system by the Bank of New York. Information on the system; Comments from the senior vice president in the bank's worldwide asset liability group, Thomas A. Price; Benefits of the system for customers.
- Bank of N.Y. Seeks Use of Kmart Deposits. // American Banker;2/25/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 37, p24
Reports that Bank of New York Co. is seeking court approval to use Kmart deposits at the bank to offset what Kmart owes it.
- Loophole Could Decide Bank of N.Y. v. Kmart. Agosta, Veronica // American Banker;3/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 41, p2
Focuses on the motion filed by the Bank of New York Co. Inc. on the use of the deposits of Kmart Corp. to offset its debt in Chicago, Illinois. Effect of the loophole on the obligations between the bank and Kmart-related organization on the decision; Total debt of Kmart; Details of the...
- Dallas hospital foreclosure looms; bondholders face Tuesday deadline. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p7
Discloses the Bank of New York's plans to foreclose on Tri-City Health Center, a Dallas, Texas-hospital that is collateral on $18 million of bonds in technical default. Negotiation regarding plans to restructure the hospital's management to prevent the foreclosure; Legal battle between the...
- Lake Elsinore, Calif., comes up with workout plan for defaulted Marks-Roos. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;03/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30349, p3
Reports that the Lake Elsinore Public Finance Authority in California has come up with a workout plan for defaulted Marks-Roos bonds with trustee Bank of New York Trust Co. Guaranteed debt service payments to bondholders of debts totaling $25 million; Security for the Marks-Roos bonds; Faults...
- Maryland Court Denies ABA's Friend-of-the-Court Request. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p1
Reports on the Maryland Court of Appeals' refusal to allow the American Bankers Association (ABA) to file a friend-of-the-court brief opposing a lower court decision that the ABA claims would have ramifications by expanding the duties of bank trustees. William A. Davis of Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris...
- Stocks report. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/02/99, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p23A
Reports that the Bank of New York has been chosen as trustee,paying agent and registrar for AT&T's global bond issue. Types of bonds issued by AT&T; AT&T's plan to use proceeds from bond issuance to repay commercial paper issued in connection with its acquisition of TCI and repurchase program.
- Authority to Sell $200M for Dayton Power Co. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32442, p48
The article reports on the approval on the sale of $200 million of tax-exempt revenue bonds by Ohio Air Quality Development Authority on behalf of the Dayton Power & Light Co. The initiative will fund a solid waste disposal project. The sale will be participated by Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. as...