Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields
- Snow Says Dividend 'Accommodation' Will Be Found. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/10/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the statement of U.S. treasury department secretary John Snow that the federal government will find an accommodation with the insurance industry on the issue of tax-free dividends. Proposal to eliminate taxation of corporate dividends; Importance of the insurance industry to the U.S....
- Gilt-endowment plan updated. // Accountancy;Aug1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1032, p36
Focuses on the updates of gilt-endowment plan in Great Britain. Emphasis of the level of tax-free income; Prospect of substantial tax-free growth; Consideration of the tax principles of the plan.
- With portfolios bleeding cash, managers look to tax season. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;03/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30841, p7
Reports decline in tax-free money market funds inflows in the United States. Implications for rising cash outflows and yields; Impact of money market funds on pulling investors into stock market; Presentation of tax-free money market funds data.
- Tax Cuts Survive Senate. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31599, p1
Reports on the passage of proposed fiscal 2004 budget in the U.S. that would accommodate tax-free dividend proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush. Impact of the proposal on tax-exempt bond rates; Provision for corporations for issuing tax-exempt dividends under the proposal; Reaction of bond...
- Changes in the Model Business Corporation Actï¿½Amendments to Financial Provisions. // Business Lawyer;Jul79, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1867
Focuses on the amendments of the 'Model Business Corporation Act' by the Committee on Corporate Laws relating to financial matters in the United States. Modernization of all provisions of the Act; Elimination of the outmoded concepts of stated capital and par value; Reformulation of the...
- Indian Railway Finance Corporation to raise Rs 8886 crore via tax-free bonds. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;1/19/2013, p8
The article informs that Indian Railway Finance Corp. will raise 8,886 crores rupees through tax-free bonds which will open for subscription on January 21, 2013.
- Fears About Asset-Backed Loans Riddled With Misconceptions. Connolly, James G. // Business Journal (Central New York);9/5/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p10
The article presents views regarding the asset-based lending industry. Asset-based loans are flexible, versatile and competitively priced. In spite of wider acceptance and growing demand, myths about asset-based loans still persist. The author identifies some myths associated with these loans....
- Liquidators look into Riverside freight bonus. Tindall, Chris // Commercial Motor;2/23/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5472, p10
The article reports that liquidators are investigating Riverside Freight Services Ltd., a haulage firm based in Essex, England, for its possible illegal dividends obtained by shareholders prior to its liquidation.
- Charity Work Camps. Zorabedian, John // Dollars & Sense;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 242, p6
Reports on how Louisiana bond lawyer Steve E. Hicks reaped tax-free profits from the prison industry. Deal between the state of North Carolina and construction firm Provident; Features of the prison that will be built by Provident in 2002; Profit of Provident from the deal.