TENNESSEE: Getting It Together
- Regionalism and consolidation seen as key to LI's survival. Golden, Mary Kaye // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/13/94, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p1
Reports on efforts to merge Nassau and Suffolk into one Long Island county in New York. Implications of the merger; Reasons behind the proposal; Forum for the planning of Long Island's taxation and governing approach.
- City bound: Political science and the American metropolis. Danielson, Michael N.; Lewis, Paul G. // Political Research Quarterly;Mar96, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p203
Presents information on the development of the urban politics and explains its preoccupation with big cities. Central city as a political research laboratory; Suburban growth, city-bound analysis; Reconceptualizing `urban politics'; References.
- Townships feel One Kent needs to step back. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/12/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the reaction of the townships in Kent County, Michigan regarding a bill proposed by One Kent Coalition which will merge the city of Grand Rapids with Kent County into a metropolitan government.
- Can alternative forms of governance help metropolitan areas? Mattoon, Richard H. // Economic Perspectives;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p20
Examines the issue of metropolitan governance among cities in the Middle West. Spread of the population out of the metropolitan areas; Metropolitan governance as warranted on the grounds of optimal government size; Criticism of forcing development back to the central city; Assessment of the...
- Is One Kent doing irreparable harm? Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/11/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p3
The author discusses issues concerning the plan of One Kent Coalition to unite Kent County and Grand Rapids City, Michigan to create a new metropolitan government as revealed by the members of Grand Valley Council (GVMC).
- The entrepreneurial city: new urban politics, new urban geographies? Hall, Tim; Hubbard, Phil // Progress in Human Geography;Jun1996, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p153
No abstract available.
- Get behind metro gov't review. Storm, Sheila // Inside Tucson Business;2/10/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p4
Editorial. Comments on the proposition of the development of a metropolitan government by Mayor Bob Walkup in Tucson, Arizona. Feasibility of the plans of Walkup; Concerns of citizens regarding the accomplishment of the plans; Role of taxpayers in the development of the metropolitan government.
- Tiebout: A survey of the empirical literature. Dowding, Keith; John, Peter // Urban Studies (Routledge);May94, Vol. 31 Issue 4/5, p767
Surveys over 200 articles and books to test the implications from C.M. Tiebout's models in urban politics. Subjects surveyed include city-size interpretations; Capitalization studies; Homogeneity interpretations; Migration studies; Micro-level tests.
- From Metropolitan Government to Metropolitan Governance. Wikstrom, Nelson // PA Times;Nov2002, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on public administration as discussed in the works of Paul Studenski 'The Government of Metropolitan Areas in the United States' and Victor Jones' 'Metropolitan Government.' Discussion on the primary governmental problem of the metropolis; Establishment of comprehensive metropolitan...