Securities Regulation: Bush's Recess Appointments to SEC Elicit Praise, Concern
- Bush Wants Accountants on SEC. // SCOR Report;Jan2002, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the appointment of Cynthia Glassman as commissioner of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Changes To Come at SEC. // NACD Directorship;Jun2006, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the personnel changes at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Resignation of SEC Commissioner and Acting Chairman Cynthia Glassman; Appointment of Kathleen Casey, a lawyer, as successor of Glassman; Accomplishments of Glassman as SEC Commissioner; Search for a chairman...
- Glassman Chosen as Acting Commission Chairman. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p4
Reports on the appointment of Cynthia A. Glassman as acting chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission by President George W. Bush. Replacement of Glassman of the post recently vacated by William H. Donaldson; Career background of Glassman; Academic background.
- SEC commissioner reiterates the importance of auditor... // Internal Auditor;Dec97, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the speech made by Commissioner Isaac C. Hunt of the US Securities and Exchange Commission on audit trends. Role of public accounting profession in financial information; Importance of audit function; Services provided by auditors.
- The new SEC commissioner blasts Magellan's Vinik. Misra, Prashanta // Money;May96, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p51
Reports on the stance Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) commissioner Isaac Hunt Jr. took against the actions of Fidelity Magellan fund manager Jeff Vinik. Vinik's promotion of chipmaker Micron Technology coinciding with the selling of his stock in that company; Possibility that the SEC...
- Looking for that fine line. Blount, Ed // ABA Banking Journal;Jan2004, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p37
Interviews U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissioner Cynthia Glassman. Views on the proposal of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board; Regulatory dispute between banks and broker-dealers; Factors that reflect changes in the accounting industry; Role of banks in advancing investor...
- SEC's Glassman Going, Going…. // Traders Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 254, p17
The article reports on United States Securities and Exchange Commissioner Cynthia Glassman's departure from the agency. Her term as Commissioner ends on June 5, 2006. Glassman has been a critic of the Regulation National Market System (NMS) trade-through rule. Regulation NMS includes rules on...
- Glassman to Resign From Post as SEC Commissioner. // Money Management Executive;5/22/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the resignation of Cynthia Glassman as commissioner with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Glassman describes her term as SEC Commissioner most exciting and fulfilling. She also offers thanks to U.S. President George W. Bush for giving her the opportunity...
- Glassman Rues Divisive Indy, Hedge Fund Rules. Barney, Lee // Money Management Executive;7/17/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Court of Appeals has cancelled the independent chairman and hedge fund registration rules. Securities and Exchange Commissioner (SEC) chairman Cynthia Glassman and commissioner Paul Atkins were the SEC's only two dissenters on the rules. According to Glassman,...