S&P Forecasts Stable 2002 for Nonprofit Health Care
- Charity care the rule in Massachusetts. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 24, p47
Reports on Massachusetts regulators' requirement of for-profit hospital firms to maintain levels of charity care in non-for-profit facilities they take over. Terms of the regulation.
- Muscular Dystrophy Family Foundation Inc. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/01/98, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p45
Profiles Indianapolis, Indiana-based nonprofit firm, Muscular Dystrophy Family Foundation Inc. Mission statement; Financial statistics; Board of directors; Programs.
- What's happening to your health charity donations? Bennett, James T.; DiLorenzo, Thomas J. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec94, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the expenditure and operations of health charities in the United States. Public support of charities; Diverse characteristics; Accomplishments; Allocation of funds; Lifestyle advise of health charities. INSET: Watch dogs?.; Regulation is no answer..
- My Week. // Third Sector;3/2/2010, Issue 604, p7
The article presents a week-long diary detailing how the author spent it serving the people who sought medical help from British charity Rare Disease UK.
- Wolfson Foundation's policy on animals angers other British medical charities. Dickson, David // Nature;5/6/1993, Vol. 363 Issue 6424, p4
Reports British medical charities are concerned that a refusal by one foundation to provide grants for experiments involving animals may stimulate the anti-vivisectionist movement and increase the difficulties facing medical researchers who consider such experiments to be essential. Complaints...
- FUNDRAISERS TARGET FORMER PATIENTS. // Marketing Health Services;Winter2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p5
The article reports that the people who contribute in charity for healthcare services will not donate for new causes, as stated by William McKinley, President of the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy.
- Rostro Foundation to put smiles on faces. Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;5/7/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p38
Presents information on the Rostro Foundation, a nonprofit organization, located in Puerto Rico, established by plastic surgeon Miguel A. Yanez and orthodontist Pedro Santiago, which facilitates care for craniofacial patients. Reason for the formation of the foundation; Plans of the foundation...
- North American health system leads neighbors in the South by example. Sampedro, Juan Carlos; Norris, Giselle // Managed Healthcare Executive;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the health care systems in North America. Changes in health care system from privately financed care to socialized medicine; Sponsorship of health plan by the government; Demand of Empresas Promotoras de Salud healthcare insurance plan.
- For your information. // Government Product News;Dec96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p3
Highlights the Save a Life Foundation Inc., a nonprofit organization based in Grayslake, Illinois. Mission of the organization; Offering of a course in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.