Missouri Governor Wants OK to Tap Tobacco
- Indiana House Approves $700M Plan for Tobacco Securitization. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p5
Reports on the approval of a 700 million dollar budget plan for Tobacco Securitization by the Indiana House as of March 2003. Details of the plan; Benefits of the plan; Pending legislation on the plan in the Senate.
- Washington Budget Calls for Tobacco, Bridge Borrowing. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p3
Focuses on the approved state budget for Washington. Allocation for the securitization of tobacco, bridge construction and transportation package; Worth of budget deficit; Terms embodied in the transportation clause; Need for voter approval on infrastructure projects.
- Clinton counts on tobacco. Alexis, Simendinger // National Journal;1/03/98, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p23
Reports on the possible use of the proposed $368.5 billion negotiated settlement between states and tobacco companies as a budgetary source in the United States. Use of the tobacco deal for health care programs of the government; Opposition against the idea of a federal share of the tobacco...
- Georgia Legislature Nears End; Perdue Eyes Special Session. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31621, p6
The article reports that April 25, 2003 would be the final day of Georgia's 2003 â€” 2004 legislative session and the last day lawmakers have to work out their differences over the fiscal 2004 budget and avoid a special session. The 16 billion dollar budget has a 128 million dollars...
- Tobacco Times. // Hospitality Ireland;Apr2009, Issue 57, p72
The article reports on the state of the tobacco industry in Ireland as of April 2009. The country's tobacco industry, worth in the region of â‚¬1.9 billion, is proving to be extremely resilient, although, according to John Player & Sons, the last 12 months have been difficult, with the...
- Westchester County, N.Y., to Refund Tobacco Bonds for Medical Center. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;4/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32112, p3
Reports on the sale of government debt to refinance the outstanding tobacco-settlement backed bonds in Westchester County, New York. Financial aid to the Westchester Medical Center; Shift of risk of reduced payments from tobacco companies from taxpayers to tobacco bondholders from the county;...
- Where states' tobacco money is going. Grier, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;9/1/99, Vol. 91 Issue 194, p3
Focuses on how the money from tobacco settlements is not being used for antismoking efforts, but are instead being used for everything from college loans to morgues.
- Michigan Tobacco Agency Plans To Issue $500 Million Next Month. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32678, p8
The article reports that Michigan Tobacco Settlement Finance Authority has been hoping to enter the market in August 2007 with its proposed $500 million tobacco securitization, which was part of a legislative package signed into law in June to wipe out an $800 million deficit in the state's...
- Illinois Seeks Team For Tobacco Issue. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/13/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 30, p9
The article reports on the opportunity of underwriters, lawyers and financial advisers interested in working on Illinois' proposed sale of up to 1.75 billion dollars of tobacco bonds to submit proposals to the state until August 27, 2010. It notes that the state's proposed sales of tobacco bonds...