California Controller Expects Need to Issue $5 Billion in Rans
- Connell raps Wilson and Dems, questions recovery. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;04/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p7
Highlights California state Controller, Kathleen Connell's, criticism of Democrats and governor Pete Wilson. Basis of Connell's dissatisfaction; Comments by Connell during an interview; Connell's concerns regarding tax equities for growth countries; Speculation regarding Connell's intention to...
- Treasurer's call to Get REAL is on point. // San Diego Business Journal;1/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Editorial. Comments that it is hard to remember California state treasurer Kathleen Connell as a Democrat. Reputation for cutting costs; Proposal for a seven-point government reform plan.
- California Controller Casts Doubt on L.A. Breakup. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p4
Reports on the pessimism of state controller Kathleen Connell regarding the breakup of Los Angeles into three cities in California. Fiscal viability of the division; Contribution of the city's bonded debt; State requirement to balance revenue between entities during the transition years.
- California controller resumes battle cry for review, reform of tax structure. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p47
Reports on California Controller Kathleen Connell's proposal calling for a review and reform of the state's tax structure. Connell's views on the possible avenues of resolving the issue; Importance of the reform to prevent the state from suffering insolvency; Committee formed by Connell to study...
- Kathleen Connell: It's Time to Address Calif.'s Challenges. Finestonee, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p6
Reports on the speech of California Controller Kathleen Connell at the Bond Buyer California Public Finance Conference. Time to address the challenges facing the state; Growth of the economy of the state; Wage gap; Lack of affordable housing; Local finance reform.
- California's Power Crisis Puts General Fund Moves on Hold. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;03/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31103, p3
Reports on California Controller Kathleen Connell's observation that power purchases have used up much of the state's budget surplus and future draws might put the general fund at risk. Connell's denial of the state Finance Department's annual request for a transfer of cash from the general...
- California official reveals plan to bridge financial gap with local governments. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p6
Reports on the proposal of California Controller Kathleen Connell to bridge financial gap between the state and local governments. Funds that will be generated for the municipalities; Key concepts of the proposal.
- Controller Connell guest of Biocom/S.D. // San Diego Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p34
Reports on San Diego, Calif.-based Biocom/San Diego's hosting of State Controller Kathleen Connell's `California First' investment policy meeting to be held on June 13, 1995 at the Sheraton Grande Torrey Pines.
- Debate Swirls Around California Controller's $5.7 Billion Ran Plan. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31201, p7
Reports on California Controller Kathleen Connell's recommended 5.7 billion dollar revenue anticipation notes. Structure of the proposed bond sale; Uses of the proceeds from the bond sale.