News In Brief: CBO Sees Small Budget Surpluses
- Comptroller: Nassau County Ended Fiscal '02 With Surplus. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p4
Reports on the confirmation by the Comptroller Howard Weitzman regarding the fiscal surplus in the year 2002 in Nassau County, New York. Factors responsible for the boost in cash position of the county; Cash-flow borrowings of the county for the previous year; Significance of non-recurring...
- A Reversal In Fiscal Fortunes? // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on an increase in Brazil's general government primary fiscal surplus in November 2009.
- Kent County has budget surplus. Crurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/10/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that Kent County, Michigan ended the year 2009 with an operating surplus for the first time since 2001, amounting to 800,000 U.S. dollars, on account of a sudden windfall of tax dollars and transfers from other funds to the general fund.
- News In Brief: Government Ran Surplus in Jan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31330, p2
Reports on budget surplus posted by the U.S. in January 2002. Budget deficit in December 2001; Budget surplus in January 2001; Personal income tax receipts in January 2002.
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;02/05/2013, p2
The article discusses the increase in the Czech Republic's state budget surplus in January 2013 as compared to the same month in 2012.
- Black & Red. // Time;7/9/1951, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p75
The article reports on the registration of a budgetary surplus that reached more than 3 billion U.S. dollars in the U.S. for the fiscal year 1950-1951, according to the U.S. Treasury.
- Budget surplus estimates drop. Fram, Alan // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p22
Reports on the expectations for federal budget surplus in the U.S.
- Oil-Gushing North Dakota Looks to an $850M Surplus. Devftt, Cattlin // Business Journal (Central New York);6/8/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p1
The article reports that North Dakota is on track to enjoy a budget surplus of 850 million dollars through the beginning of fiscal 2013 fueled by a historic oil boom.
- We have money we haven't spent yet. // Fort Worth Business Press;3/8/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p34
Discusses rumors circulating about the U.S. government's mismanagement of the budget surplus in 2002.