Westlake, Tex., Issues Debt For Charter School of Its Own
- Colorado charter schools will enter tax-exempt arena with upcoming deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p1
Announces the plan of charter schools in Colorado to sell two tax-exempt bond issues through the Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority in August 1998. Terms of the two deals; Implications of the two deals for charter schools in the state; Ruling made by the Internal Revenue...
- The false friends of charter schools. Vanourek, Gregg; Manno, Bruno V. // Education Week;04/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p60
Opinion. Examines the proposal of United States President Bill Clinton for funding of charter schools. Importance of charter schools; Strategies employed by opposers of charter schools; Increase in the number of charter schools in the United States; Constraints of the charter proposal of Clinton.
- Firms hoping to turn profit from charters. Schnaiberg, Lynn // Education Week;12/10/97, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the profitability of establishing charter schools in the United States. Support given by the government on charter schools; Debate on school privatization; Criticism on the participation of private companies in running private schools.
- Charter school funding. // American School Board Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p56
The article offers information on the "Adding Up the Spending" report regarding fiscal inequalities among charter schools in New York City, in which it shows that some well-endowed charters receive plenty of additional private funding while some charters receive almost no private donations.
- Testimony to the Michigan House Standing Committee on Education. Katz, Fern // Michigan Citizen;11/13/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, pA6
The author reflects on the regarding the plan to raise the cap on the number of charter schools in Michigan.
- Charter Schools: A New Option for Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p16
Reports on the selling of municipal bonds to help fund charter schools. Efforts of newly created charter schools to find sources of money.
- Westlake, Tex., Moves Forward on New Charter School . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p3
Reports on the approval of a proposal to issue certificates of obligation to finance the first charter school in Westlake, Texas. Estimated cost for financing the charter school; Necessity for the issue of certificates for bond funds; Measures and plans for the development of charter school.
- Under new budget, charter schools cash in. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;10/30/96, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p22
Makes observations concerning financial issues concerning charter schools in the United States. Support of efforts to establish independent public schools built around a set of academic goals; Cash flow problems of charter schools; Increase in federal charter school program funding.
- Ohio Teachers' Union Plans Lawsuit Over the Funding of Charter Schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p3
Reports on Ohio Federation of Teachers President Thomas Mooney's plan to file a lawsuit against the state over the public funding of charter schools. Debate over school funding in the Ohio Legislature; Teachers' union's claim that the system violates the constitution by diverting public money...