Latest AHERF Settlement Worth $97M
- PREPA Extends Contract with Restructuring Consultants. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;7/15/2015, p43
The article reports that the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) extended its contract with restructuring consulting firm AlixPartners to November 2015 after reaching forbearance agreements with its bond holders, insurers, bank creditors and the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico.
- Mergers and acquisitions have positive impact on hospitals. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30248, p31
Discusses the impact of merger and acquisitions of nonprofit hospitals on bondholders and bankers in the Southeastern States. Creation of stronger credits; Positive impact on the system's bond ratings; Dominance of managed care; Higher health care debt issuance through the restructuring of debts.
- IMAGE DELAYS ITS LOAN PAYMENT. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/2/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p19
The article reports on the amendment of an agreement signed by Image Entertainment with bondholders on October 29, 2009. The move allowed the Chatsworth, California-based distributor to delay from October 30 to November 15 a 4 million U.S. dollar principal payment based on a regulatory filing....
- Chicago's Mercy Hospital Defaults, Is Dropped to D. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p32
Reports that Mercy Hospital has defaulted on a portion of a debt payment owed to bondholders in Chicago, Illinois. Rating of the hospital's outstanding debt; Operating losses incurred by the hospital; Impact of the default on the hospital's outstanding debt sold in 1992 and 1996 through the...
- Junk-Rated Florida Hospital Poised to Sell Out. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/8/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33992, p1
The article informs that the board of Florida-based Citrus County Hospital and the Board of Directors of the Citrus Memorial Health Foundation notified their bondholders that they are negotiating with Hospital Corp. of America for the sale or lease of their hospital.
- South Carolina Bondholders Call for Roadside Assistance. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on the efforts of South Carolina bondholders as of March 2003, to prevent a debt default by the state with regard to the Southern Connector toll road project in Greenville that was funded by bonds issued to them. Attorneys hired by the bondholders seeking to maintain a dialogue with the...
- Maastricht debt dilemma. Ramm, Ulrich // International Economy;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p40
Discusses the effect on holders of debts of European Union governments of economic and monetary union. Concerns of international investors in deutsche mark bonds; Stability of the euro; Appropriateness of current levels of long-term interest rates in Germany; Risk premium on interest rates.
- Despite Improving Fiscal Health, Chicago's Mercy Hospital Defaults. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p1
Reports on the delinquent debt service payment owed to bondholders by Mercy Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Violation of the bond covenant; Volatility of the financial performance; Decline of the credit rating.
- Agreement with IRS leaves $156 million of AHERF bonds tax-exempt. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p32
Reports that uninsured bonds issued for the bankrupt Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation's Philadelphia-area hospitals will remain tax exempt. Agreement between issuers and the United States Internal Revenue Service; View that investors would be unfairly penalized if...