CALIFORNIA: Joining Forces?
- More Power to Them . Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p29
Reports on the plans of the Southern California Public Power Authority (SCPPA) for the issuance of revenue bonds to finance power plant. Agreement between SCPPA member cities for the project of gas-fired plant.
- Note on the seemingly indefinite extension of power plant lives, a panel contribution. Ellerman, Denny // Energy Journal;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p129
Focuses on the phenomenon of the indefinite extension of power plant lives in the United States. Causes of life extension which can be considered features of the regulatory system; Emerging implications of the indefinite extension of the useful life of existing plant; Resumption of...
- New capacity survey. Bergesen, Christopher // Electrical World;Jan1995, Vol. 209 Issue 1, p31
Presents the annual new-plant construction survey by `Electrical World' magazine on new United States powerplants under construction, in design, on order, or planned for service in the years 1995-2003. Historical perspective of power plants; Changes in the electric utilities approach.
- Performance milestones set. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p16
Reports on developments in performance of machines in electric utilities plants. Includes consecutive operating days of Westinghouse Electric Corp's 160-mw-class 501F machines in Florida Power & Light Co; Siemens Power Corp's V84.2 machines; Continuous operation of Ms7001FA machines by GE Power...
- Reports & studies. // Electrical World;Jan1998, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p12
Reports that the dollar amount of power plant related stranded costs in the United States may be too high. Reference to forecast `US Outlook'; Identification of the problem; Contents of the forecasts; Contact point for more information.
- Power Plant Start Delayed. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the delay in the proposed construction of an electric power-plant in Ottawa County, Michigan, due to high construction costs and low demand for electricity. Partnership between Panda Energy International Inc. and Alliant Energy Corp. for the project; Factors considered before...
- New Zealand power plant. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov96, Vol. 223 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the newly-constructed 115-MW Southdown Cogeneration Station in Auckland, New Zealand. Owners; Use of two LM6000 aeroderivative gas turbines.
- Flexibility and early planning keys to El Centro repowering success. Rowley, Joseph H.; Willard, Bruce L. // Power Engineering;Apr95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p43
Describes how Imperial Irrigation District (IID) kept overall costs within the projected $59.5 million budget for its El Centro Unit 2 Repowering Project in California. Flexibility to select the gas turbine after licensing; Preliminary analysis; Owner input; EPC specifics; Gas turbine features;...
- Combined Cycles: From Conception to Operation. Smith, Douglas J. // Power Engineering;Jul2002, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p26
Deals with developing a power generation project. Phases of developing a power generation project; Strategies of plant operators in reducing the time for developing a plant; Advantages of joint venture. INSET: Reducing design time and costs.
- Tent protects construction workers from harsh winter. // International Power Generation;Jul99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p4
Reports the operation of GE LM6000 aero derivative turbine-generator in a power plant at Fort Nelson, British Columbia despite harsh conditions. Use of tent in protecting the construction site; Owner of the plant; Contractor of the total output; Fuel used.