CALIFORNIA: Long Time Coming
- Middle School #5. Nelson, Beth // Free Press (Buda, TX);11/19/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 33, p6A
The article reports on the approved attendance zones of Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) for the middle school in Hays County, Texas.
- Building Bridges in the Middle Years--How to Tallangatta district schools work together. Chambers, Marilyn // Ethos 7-12;2000 Term 1, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p21
Describes the ways the Tallangatta district schools in Victoria work together to improve education in the middle years of schooling. Background on the Tallangatta school district; Problems faced by every school in the district; Approaches and philosophies being shared by the schools while...
- Delegates vote against school closures, split of Central district. Bitsoi, Alastair Lee // Navajo Times;6/7/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 23, pA-1
The article reports that committee has passed a bill to reconsider closureof three middle schools on reservation in Crownpoint, Navajo and Tohatchi and opposes splitting of Central Consolidated School district.
- Middle school students 'mix it up' at lunch. // South County Journal;12/7/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 49, pB1
The article provides information of the activity called Mix It Up Day at the Mehlville School District in Missouri, wherein middle school students sit with different classmates during their lunch periods to encourage them to start new conversations and find common interests with their peers.
- Hinds County School District Weekly Update! // Jackson Advocate;11/20/2014, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p17A
The article reports on topics related to the Hinds County School District (HCSD) in Mississippi as November 20-26, 2014 including the Drop In Not Out event attended by Bolton-Edwards Elementary Middle School (BEEMS) students at Hinds Community College-Utica, Raymond High School Choir's...
- Middle schools planned in Higley (Ariz.) district. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;11/26/2012, p4
The article reports on the plan by the Higley (Arizona) Unified School District to establish two middle schools to accommodate the additional students expected in the coming years.
- Austin expands single-gender school choices. Williams, Lauren // District Administration;Apr2014, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p29
The article informs about two middle schools including the Young Men's Leadership Academy at Garcia Middle School and the Young Women's Leadership Academy at Pearce Middle School under Austin, Texas Independent School District that will start operating as single-gender schools from 2016.
- UniServ Reps Become Air Quality Experts. // NEA Today;Apr2003, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the decision of New Mexico's Rio Rancho school district to host UniServ representatives from other states at Mountain View Middle School to attend a National Education Association Health Information Network/UniServ Cluster training session on February 4, 2003. Topics included in the...
- Compass Learning. Davis, Tina M. // Distance Learning;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p18
The author highlights how his school, Paul Laurence Dunbar Middle School in Lee County School District in Southwest Florida uses the software Compass Learning. It provides a background of the school and describes how the software works. The software reportedly provides middle schools in the...