S&P Lowers Rating on San Francisco Airport Commission as Deal Nears
- S&P Issues Policy on UCC's Article 9 Security Interests. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31307, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has warned that its credit ratings for certain municipal securities issues may be affected by changes to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code that cover security interests. Impact of changes on the credit policies of other companies; Concerns of Moody's...
- Government dream team seeks improved credit rating. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;4/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the scheduled formal presentations by Puerto Rico's top economic team to New York credit rating agencies with the goal of seeking improved credit ratings for Puerto Rico. Separate sessions with Standard & Poor's, Moody's Investors Service; Presentations preceding a general obligation...
- News In Brief: Moody's, S&P Like Saco, Me. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31299, p2
Reports that the credit rating company Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded Saco, Maine's $16.63 million of general obligation (GOs) bonds on January 7, 2002. Reasons cited for the upgrade; Rating assigned to the city's $5.94 million of GOs; City's revised ratings by U.S.-based Standard...
- Ratings Put The Squeeze On Cash. Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;10/14/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the decision of Moody's Investor Services and Standard & Poor's (S & P) Rating Services to lower their corporate credit ratings for Avnet Inc. and Arrow Electronics Inc. Implication of lower credit ratings for a company; Reason why companies anticipated credit downgrades; Expectation...
- Chemical Industry Credit Quality Deteriorates in Current Downturn. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;8/20/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the downgrading of credit ratings for the chemical industry due to protracted market downturn in 2001. Chemical companies that declared bankruptcy; Causes of debts of chemical companies; Credit ratings given by Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service to companies.
- Monroe County, N.Y., Downgraded by Fitch. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p6
Reports that the credit rating company Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded New York's Monroe County to BBB-plus from A-plus on January 15, 2003. Reference to last downgrade of the county; Downgrade of the county by other credit rating companies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's...
- Fitch Drops N.J. Ratings Over $5.3 Billion Budget Gap. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31374, p40
Reports the low general obligation credit ratings of Fitch Ratings for New Jersey. Plan of the state to use tobacco settlement money; Decision of Moody's Investor Service to downgrade the credit ratings of the state; Reassurance of the state for rating agencies.
- RATINGS. // Asset Securitization Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p10
Reports the release of the commentary made by Fitch Ratings on the credit ratings conducted by Moody's Investor Service Inc.
- Japanese Banks Hit with Downgrades. // American Banker;8/7/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 151, p20
Reports that International rating agencies Fitch and Moody's Investors Service downgraded the ratings of 17 Japanese banks as of August 2001. Downgrading of the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi; Highlighting of the problems facing Japan's ailing financial sector; Outlook.
- The Ad Holding Company Credit Crunch. Mahoney, Sarah // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/21/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p18
As the recession worsens, debt-rating companies have been downgrading advertising holding companies' stocks, giving investors a little more bad news to react to. But stock-market analysts are not the only ones worried about ad holding companies. Fitch Ratings Inc. lowered its rating of WPP to...