Virginia Governor Wants Vote on Sales Tax Hike
- Sales tax will help build Fla. hospital. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;11/22/99, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p20
Focuses on the referendum in Taylor County, Florida to levy a one cent county sales tax that would be used to build a hospital. When the tax would take effect; Why the County needs a hospital; Features of the hospital.
- County sales tax hike measure soundly defeated. Allen // San Diego Business Journal;03/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the defeat of a proposal to increase the sales tax in San Diego County, California. Use of the tax to enhance branch libraries; Surprise over the results of voting for Proposition L; Provisions under the measure.
- Time for business to give something back. // San Diego Business Journal;03/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p38
Editorial. Comments on the failure by voters in San Diego, California to approve a sales tax hike for upgrading library branches. Sentiment among residents that the government is bending to accommodate big business and not its citizens; Proposal to finance projects that include the...
- LA. County Metro Ballot Question in Limbo as State Lawmakers Delay Debate. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32435, p3
The article reports that a $40 billion sales tax measure of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in Los Angeles County, California was questioned. The board of the MTA approved the sales tax referendum, but state lawmakers have yet to increase the county's sales tax limit to allow the...
- ARKANSAS: Saline County Nixes Tax. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/17/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33367, p9
The article reports that voters in Saline County, Arkansas have rejected the proposed 1% sales tax supporting 55 million dollars of bonds for a county fair complex.
- How presumptuous: vote 'no' on Prop. 400. // Inside Tucson Business;10/11/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p28
The author reflects on the referendum that would increase the sales tax in Tucson, Arizona from two percent to 2.5 percent, and gives reasons why voters should reject it.
- Transportation tax heads back to voters. Korando, Russell // Wentzville Journal;5/16/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 20, pA3
The article announces a referendum on whether to extend the half-cent transportation sales tax in Saint Charles County, Missouri, which is slated for August 7, 2012.
- Wentzville puts tax extension on ballot. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;5/23/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 21, pA12
The article reports on the agreement of the Board of Aldermen in Wentzville, Missouri to place the proposed half-cent transportation sales tax on ballot on August 2012.
- Little Rock voters reject pair of sales tax referendums. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30650, p4
Reports that Little Rock, Arkansas, voters have rejected two proposed sales tax measures in a referendum in May 1999. Importance of the measures to the city's bid to boost its revenues; Plans of the city in using proceeds from the taxes.