Alabama Bond Bill for University Research Faces Dim Future
- As Funds Lapse, Louisiana Universities Told to Suck It Up. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p4
The article reports on the advice given to 14 state colleges and universities in Louisiana to prepare for a loss of approximately 300 million dollars in federal stimulus funds after fiscal year 2011.
- Berlin's universities face further cuts. Schiermeier, Quirin // Nature;10/31/1996, Vol. 383 Issue 6603, p749
Reports on the angry reaction of Berlin's three universities upon the decision by the city's government to cut their combined budget over a five year period. Response of Peter Radunski, Berlin's minister for science; The inclusion in the proposed agreement of compromises on some controversial...
- Compete or perish. M.J. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/31/94, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p8
States that in an attempt to make post-secondary institutions in Alberta more competitive and responsive to private-sector employers, the government will turn back some of the money it cuts to the most efficient and adaptive universities, colleges and technical schools. Plans of Advanced...
- N.H. school plan offers needed fixes, though questions remain. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;07/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30676, p5
Focuses on a legislative bill aimed at changing how the state government of New Hampshire distributes education aid to cooperative school districts in the state. Separation of criteria for awarding financial aid under the bill's provisions; Schedule of the legislative implementation.
- Special Education Bears Brunt of State Aid Cuts. Galley, Michelle // Education Week;9/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p26
Reconciling a 5 percent deficit in their $4.4 billion state budget was the top priority for legislators in Oklahoma this year. Precollegiate education took a major funding hit during fiscal 2003, when $56.3 million was cut from schools' $2 billion state budget. Many of the program cuts as part...
- Alberta University face severe budget cuts. // Academe;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the Alberta government's decision to reduce its grants to all government-funded universities. Goal of reducing its annual budget deficit; Cuts to be made at the expense of teaching and research; Recommendation for the elimination of tenure; Expected percentage reduction in Alberta...
- SPEAKING OUT. // Building Design;12/21/2012, Issue 2042, p9
The article argues on the need to help the underfunded universities in Great Britain, considering that they are filled with the country's own students.
- NJ colleges get grants to push study in Israel. Wiener, Robert // New Jersey Jewish News;10/28/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 43, p10
The article reports that MASA Israel Journey, a joint project of the government of Israel and the Jewish Agency for Israel, has awarded grants of 25,000 dollars to five New Jersey universities to encourage undergraduates to study in Israel.
- KUWAIT: PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES ONE STEP CLOSER. // Middle East Business Intelligence;1/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the legislation passed by the Kuwaiti legislature that approve in principle the establishment of private universities. Possibility of allowing foreign universities to open satellite campuses in Kuwait; Highlights of the legislation.