California PUC Vote to Determine Life of $11B Power Purchase Deal
- California PUC Holds Up Two Issues Deemed Vital to DWR Bond Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p3
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission is expected to postpone voting on two issues which are vital to the sale of bonds of California Department of Water Resources (DWR). Postponement of the request of DWR for $10 billion revenue from ratepayers to pay for power acquired in...
- Rate Pact But First Step. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31331, p1
Reports on the approval of a rate agreement with the California's Department of Water Resources by California Public Utilities Commission. Revenue streams to be provided under the agreement by the utility ratepayers; Flow of funds entailed by the agreement; Tax-exemption of bonds.
- Rate Plan Proposed for Calif. Power Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p3
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's release of a draft rate agreement for the state Department of Water Resources' (DWR) bid to sell power purchase revenue bonds. Amount of the bonds to be issued by DWR; Plans of the commission to cover the department's costs related to the...
- Power Votes Postponed. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31218, p1
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission has delayed voting on three orders necessary for the state to sell 12.5 billion dollars in power purchase revenue bonds. Structure of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- California PUC Delays Vote Over Power Rate Agreement. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p3
Reports the decision of Public Utilities Commission to delay vote over power rates agreement in Los Angeles, California. Rates charged by Department of Water Resources (DWR); Delay of capital from the power revenue bonds; Allocation of current rates between utilities and the DWR.
- DWR Seeks $11.95 Billion Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p1
Reports the request of the Department of Water Resources to increase the amount of revenue bond issuance in California.
- California DWR Ups Deal to Nearly $12B Following PUC Nod. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p48
Reports the marketing of revenue bonds by the Department of Water Resources in California. Increase of the financial reserves; Improvement of the credit rating; Decline of the insurance fees.
- Angelides Sets the Date. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p1
Reports the sale of variable-rate power revenue bonds by the Department of Water Resources in California. Amount of the bonds; Schedule on the sale; Lead underwriter of the sale.
- PG&E Suit Puts Brakes On DWR Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p1
Reports on the delay of the orders for the bond sale of the California Department of Water Resources (DWR). Filing of lawsuit against DWR by the Pacific Gas & Electric Co.; Violation on the requirements for due process by DWR; Resolution on the delay by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.