Intuit plunks down $400 million to buy Lacerte
- Intuit nabs Lacerte. // Practical Accountant;Jul98, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p12
Reports that software manufacturer Intuit Incorporated of California has attained a definitive agreement to purchase Lacerte Software Corporation of Dallas. Value of the proposed deal; Terms applicable to the deal; Examination of the organizational changes which will occur as a result of the...
- Tax & financial planning news. // Accounting Technology;May2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p14
Reports on developments related to tax and financial planning software companies in the United States as of May 2000. Intuit and subsidiary Lacerte's settlement of a lawsuit against Tax and Accounting Software; Stephen Bennett's appointment as president and chief executive officer of Intuit.
- Sale reveals hidden value. Thomas, Tony // BRW;06/15/98, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p93
Presents information on Intuit's purchase of the Lacerte tax-preparation software group and how it is an example of the hidden value locked inside small accounting practices. Other software vendors concentrating on accountants as their conduit to small business; Firms that stay with compliance...
- Eclipse Sold To Intuit. // Supply House Times;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p150
No abstract available.
- Consolidation: Who's next? What's left. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Jul98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the acquisition of Lacerte Software by Intuit. Reason for the consolidation; How Intuit compared to CCH and RIA Group, its competitors; Implication of the Year 2000 computer problem.
- Eclipse Sold To Intuit. Klems, Brian A. // Supply House Times;Aug2002 Supplement, Vol. 45, p150
Reports the acquisition of Eclipse Inc. by Intuit Inc. in the U.S. Terms in the acquisition; Disclosure on the acquisition amount; Estimates on the annual sales of Eclipse.
- Eclipse Sale to Intuit Official. // Supply House Times;Sep2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the acquisition of Eclipse Inc. by Intuit Inc. in the U.S.
- Intuit Goes Vertical. // Accounting Technology;Nov2001, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p12
Reports on strategies of Intuit for the vertical markets. Acquisition of the OmWare construction software company; Launching of a point-of-sale product for small business resellers.
- Intuit to Buy Online Benefit Service Firm. Bach, Deborah // American Banker;11/20/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 223, p14
Reports that Intuit Inc. has agreed to purchase EmployeeMatters, a provider of online human resources, benefits and payroll services in the United States. Importance of the acquisition to Intuit's efforts to expand its small business products and services.