Oral bioavailability of linezolid before and after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery: is dose modification necessary in obese subjects?
- Reduced Phenytoin Levels in an Epileptic Patient following Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass for Obesity. Pournaras, Dimitrios J.; Footitt, David; Mahon, David; Welbourn, Richard // Obesity Surgery;May2011, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p684
Despite widespread uptake of bariatric procedures for severe obesity, changes in pharmacodynamics after surgery are poorly understood. We report an epileptic patient who had a seizure following gastric bypass, although he had been asymptomatic for 30 years and without any change in his...
- Gastric bypass cannot heal all obesity issues. Diamond, Anne // Nursing Standard;8/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p28
Anne Diamond warns of unrealistic expectations.
- Erratum to: Gastric Bypass Increases Ethanol and Water Consumption in Diet-Induced Obese Rats. Thanos, Panayotis; Subrize, Mike; Delis, Foteini; Cooney, Robert; Culnan, Derek; Sun, Mingjie; Wang, Gene-Jack; Volkow, Nora; Hajnal, Andras // Obesity Surgery;Mar2013, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p424
A correction to the article "Gastric Bypass Increases Ethanol and Water Consumption in Diet-Induced Obese Rats" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Checklists in Bariatric Surgery. ROSENTHAL, RAUL J. // Bariatric Times;Feb2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p21
The article presents information on "Checklists in Bariatric Surgery," a column of the journal, which focuses on re-operations for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) for the February 2014 issue.
- Response to 'Banded Bypass': The Way to Go? Jawad, Muhammad // Obesity Surgery;May2013, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p718
A response by M. A. Jawad to a letter to the editor about their article "Pericaridal Patch Ring Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: A Preliminary Report," that was published in a previous issue.
- Effect of gastric bypass surgery on azithromycin oral bioavailability. Padwal, Raj S.; Ben-Eltriki, Mohamed; Wang, Xiaoming; Langkaas, Lee-Ann; Sharma, Arya M.; Birch, Dan W.; Karmali, Shahzeer; Brocks, Dion R. // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Sep2012, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p2203
Objectives Azithromycin is used widely for community-acquired infections. The timely administration of azithromycin in adequate doses minimizes treatment failure. Gastric bypass, a procedure that circumvents the upper gut, may compromise azithromycin plasma levels. We hypothesized that...
- Looking Forward in 2012: ASMBS and ACS Join to Create a Unified Centers of Excellence Program. Rosenthal, Raul J. // Bariatric Times;Jan2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including techniques employed in bariatric Surgery, the linear stapler gastrojejunostomny for gastric bypass and management of abdominal wall hernias in morbidly obese patients.
- gastrojejunostomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p933
A definition of the term "gastrojejunostomy," which refers to a connection formed through surgery between the stomach and the jejunum, is presented.
- biliopancreatic diversion. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p261
The definition of the medical term "biliopancreatic diversion," which refers to a bariatric surgical treatment for obesity in which most of the stomach is removed, is presented.