MFI silent on sofa workshop
- MFI targets 10% upholstery sales. // Cabinet Maker;11/22/2002, Issue 5314, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Sofa Workshop by MFI Ltd. in Great Britain. Way of increasing sales; Focus on maximizing profits; Plans of improving the marketing strategies of the company.
- Takeover talk hots up. // Cabinet Maker;10/18/2002, Issue 5309, p1
Reports on the possibility of an agreement between Sofa Workshop and MFI in Great Britain.
- Coming home. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/23/2007, Issue 5530, p23
The article reports on the impact of the acquisition of Sofa Workshop (SW) by New Heights in Great Britain. It is stated that the staff's morale has been lifted and margins increased. SW is a well-established brand with real authority in upholstery and a real focus on allowing customers to...
- What can MEP offer for MFI? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/25/2006, Issue 5502, p9
The article reflects on the author's view on the plan to acquire MFI by Merchant Equity Partners (MEP) in Great Britain. According to him, if MEP becomes the new owner of the largest furniture retailer, it faces a multitude of questions. In the past years, MFI was unable to deliver anything...
- Mystery Shopper Exeter. // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2001, Issue 5244, p10
Recounts experience on shopping at Sofa Workshop along Paris Street in Great Britain. Impression on the sales staff; Tidiness of the shop; Need for further questioning by sales staff.
- What's in a name? // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p4
Reports on the plan of changing the furniture brand name MFI in favor of the Schreiber or Hygena brands.
- Change the brand. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p1
Focuses on the financial troubles faced by furniture retailer MFI. Decline in the company's 1998 winter sale; Management plans of John Hancock, chief executive of the company; Need for the company to change its brand name.
- MFI sees sales drop a fifth. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p3
Reports on MFI's furniture sales in Europe, in winter 1998. Percentage of sales decline; Comparison with sales figures during the early part of the year; Prospects for growth.
- MEPC after MFI sites. // Cabinet Maker;09/24/99, Issue 5156, p1
Reports plans of Metropolitan Estate and Property Corporation to purchase MFI sites in Great Britain.