Heavy rain hinders production
- Estimation of Impacts of Rainfall on Cereal Production in the Northern Region of Iraq for the Period 1992-2008. Al-Obaidy, Ali Shawket Ahmed // Business & Economic Research (BER);Jun2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, Special section p1
According to the average quantities of rainfall, Iraq's arable land is divided into three regions: rainfall, semi-rainfall and rain-fed. The total Iraq's regions are suffering from inefficient utilization of natural resources as a result of dis-maximization of agricultural production function....
- Australia's premium wool fibre in short supply. // Indian Textile Journal;May2009, Vol. 119 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the short supply of premium wool fibre in Australia. The fibre has remained in short supply because of the lack of rainfall across southeast Australia and due to lower than expected fleece weights, according to the Australian Wool Production Forecasting Committee. The...
- Discounts kick in after slow July sales. // Cabinet Maker;8/10/2007, Issue 5550, p5
The article reports that the furniture and homewares are heavily discounted due to slow sales and wet weather in July 2007 in Great Britain. The Do-It-Yourself and gardening sector were also hit and items were heavy discounted to attract customers. The British Retail Consortium (BRC) stated that...
- Testing of materials for heat and moisture transport. Dvořák, Václav; Novotný, Petr; Vít, Tomáš // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 896, p650
The article deals with testing materials for using in enthalpy exchangers. The purpose of the enthalpy heat exchangers is to transport the heat and moisture together. Such heat exchangers are used in heat and ventilation air conditioning units. There are several methods how to test transport of...
- Productivity growth below average in the household furniture industry. Henneberger, J. Edwin // Monthly Labor Review;Nov78, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p23
Reports on the growth of productivity in the U.S. household furniture industry. Increase in number of employees; Growth of capital expenditures; Relationship between capital expenditures and productivity.
- Quinn on track to double turnover. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;03/17/2000, Issue 5179, p4
Reports on Essex, England-based furniture company Quinn Furniture's plan to expand its production in the year 2000.
- Manufacturers' profits hold steady in 1999, survey finds. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;08/07/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p4
Presents results of a survey on furniture manufacturing conducted by the accounting and consulting firm, BDO Seidman in the United States. Assessment of the profits gained by manufacturers; Constancy of the operating income; Rise in the administrative cost component.
- FURNITURE INDICATORS. // Furniture/Today;03/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p57
Presents statistics on the performance of the furniture industry in the United States as of March 26, 2001. Employment of factory workers; Capacity for production; Financial statements of Bestway and Vaughan.
- Pilot Analysis of Hourly Rainfall in Central and Eastern Amazonia. Cutrim, Elen M.C.; Martin, David W.; Butzow, Dean G.; Silva, Isa M.; Yulaeva, Elena // Journal of Climate;4/1/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1326
This paper presents results of a pilot study of rainfall along the part of the Amazon River that flows through Brazil. Rain was measured at three stations, one for each of three regimes: coastal, interior bottomland, and interior upland. For each station the record from 1 January 1988 through...