Walling In and Walling Out
- Exit from the Holy Land. McGreal, Chris // New Statesman;12/19/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4771-4773, p48
The article reports on the isolation of Bethlehem, which has lost most of its tourist economy because of the massive, Israeli-built barrier wall that surrounds the city. Residents of the city are also leaving, saying their town has become a prison with no opportunities. Getting into the city...
- Sumud: The Palestinian Art of Existence. Gould, Rebecca // World Policy Journal;Sep2014, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p99
The article discusses the Israel Barrier, known as the jidar al-fasl al-unsuri (wall of segregation) or hafrada geder (separation fence), that cuts into Palestinian areas of the West Bank region. Topics include political aspects of graffiti murals on the wall, the creation of checkpoints along...
- Over 111 terrorist attacks stopped in West Bank, Jerusalem in 2015. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/13/2015, p1
(JTA) - Israeli security forces said they prevented 17 suicide attacks and eight kidnappings so far in 2015, in addition to several attacks stopped by the Palestinian Authority.
- Jayyous: a view through the gate in the Wall. Al Ubeidiya, Halimah; Ghantous, Wassim // al-Majdal;Autumn2013, Issue 54, p33
The article discusses an interview with farmer Shareef Omar Khaled, a resident of Jayyous village and Land Defense Committee member in the district of Qalqilya in the West Bank. Topics include the economy of Jayyous which is based on agriculture, the seizure of Jayyous land for the construction...
- Apartheid wall or the new frontier? Andreas, Sverre // Contours;May-Aug2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p23
The article presents information about the wall, built through West Bank by the Israeli Defense forces. Israelis are justifying its action as a desperate attempt to protect its citizens from the suicide bombers. However in reality this wall has nothing to do with security. It is built through...
- Israel uncovers Hamas plan for large-scale terror attacks. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;11/27/2014, p1
Israeli security services uncovered a Hamas plot to carry out several large-scale terror attacks on Israeli targets.
- Shots fired from Gaza, Israel retaliates with tank shell. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;11/27/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Shots were fired from Gaza at an Israeli military jeep on patrol near the security fence on the border with the coastal strip.
- Israel: The security barrierâ€”between international law, constitutional law, and domestic judicial review. Barak-Erez, Daphne // International Journal of Constitutional Law;Jul2006, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p540
Security fence or security wallâ€”the Beit Sourik decision and proportionality testâ€”International Court of Justice's Advisory Opinionâ€”the MarÃ abe decisionâ€”differences between the ICJ and Israeli Supreme Courtâ€”fate of the settlementsâ€”foundational...
- Wall Must Fall. // Progressive;Jan2006, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p23
This article reports that the Anti-Apartheid Wall Campaign held its third national and international week against the separation barrier on November 9-16, 2005. The grassroots effort questions the wall the Israeli government is building in the Occupied Territories. People demonstrated in the...