TRACKING THE ACTIVE FEMALE
- Women are sports fans too. Luker, Rich // Brandweek;12/02/96, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p20
Highlights the results of a survey on women's interest in sports in the United States. Favorite sports of women; Impact of interest in women's sports.
- Women have completely infiltrated sports the biz. Calabria, Patrick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/04/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p45A
Focuses on the infiltration of women in sports business in the United States. Entry of women in sports newscasting; Production of 'Sports Innnerview with Ann Liguori'; Influence of sports business on women.
- FASHION FORE-FRONT. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/29/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 108, p2
Presents trends in the purchase of sports clothes by women in the U.S. Offer of varied golf apparel; Preference for comfortable outfits; Importance of right clothing for the occassion.
- 'Diva Dash' Aug. 3 in Sandwich. // Windy City Times;6/26/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p75
The article offers information on the Diva Dash, the women-only obstacle run which is designed to challenge aspects of overall fitness for girls age 12 and up, and will be launched on August 3, 2013 at the Sandwich Fairgrounds in Sandwich, Illinois.
- FORE! Cipolla, Bridget M. // Women in Business;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p15
This article notes the growing number of women in the U.S. who are playing golf as of July 1990. The second part of this article discusses how women who are interested in the sport can get started, offers several tips on buying the right equipment, as well as describes some rules in playing the...
- Communicating with Women in the 1990s: The Role of Sport Marketing. Sutton, William A.; Watlington, Rhonda // Sport Marketing Quarterly;1994, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p9
This article discusses the role of women in the U.S. and its economy has changed drastically in the past quarter century. It is estimated that by the year 2000, 61% of American women will be in the work force. The complexity of this role is not limited to the employment sector. When the recent...
- Promoting Women's Sports. // Association Management;Jul2001, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on the 15th anniversary of the National Girls and Women in Sports Day on February 7, 2001 in the United States. Groups that sponsored the event; Highlights of the event; Contribution of the physical education department at Ashley Hall Girls School in Charleston, South Carolina to the event.
- How Women Have Fared as Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Since the Passage of Title IX. Whisenant, Warren A. // Sex Roles;Aug2003, Vol. 49 Issue 3-4, p179
Presents a study that assessed how well women have fared under Title IX legislation at the interscholastic level, not as participants or coaches, but beyond the playing field into the offices of the athletic director in the U.S. Background on the Title IX legislation; Methodology; Results of...
- STOPPED AT THE GATE: WOMEN'S SPORTS, "READER INTEREST," AND DECISION MAKING BY EDITORS. Hardin, Matie // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Spring2005, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p62
Newspaper sport pages have been criticized for failure to incorporate women's sports equitably, although few studies have examined why editors consistently sideline women's sports. This survey of 285 sports editors in the southeastern United States explores gatekeeping factors that may affect...