WHERE THE BOYS AREN'T
- Just run with it. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/12/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p48
Describes Nike's strategies in its advertisements. Focus on promoting the serious athlete; Use of question taglines; Illustration of the anti-social side of competitive training; Description of some of Nike's advertisements.
- Chill Out. // FN: Footwear News;7/25/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 27, p64
The article reports that Nike Inc.'s new pop-up shop, in Harlem, New York City, is fast becoming the spot to look cool and be cool as New York's summer temperatures sizzled. The store, called Boulevard Ice, offers limited-edition basketball kicks, customizable shorts and T-shirts, and, of...
- Overhauling Nike's supply systems. Power, Denise // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;04/28/99, Vol. 177 Issue 81, p11
Reports on the revamp of Nike Inc.'s supply chain systems and processes. Implementation of a resource planning solution; Products of the company; Agreement with Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Nike Net Up 33.5% For Fourth Quarter. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/30/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 127, p5
Reports on increased earnings by United States footwear and apparel firm Nike Inc. for the fourth quarter ended May 2000. Total earnings; Sales performance; Sales in Europe; Net income.
- A talk with Phil Knight: Nike now puts focus on women's market. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/18/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 116, p1
Reports on Nike Inc.'s focus on tapping the women's footwear market in the United States. Comments from Nike Inc. president Phil Knight; Business strategies in building the women's business in Nike; Launch of an advertising campaign aimed at female teenagers and young adults.
- SHOP TALK. Zargani, Luisa; Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;11/15/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 42, p6
The article offers news briefs related to footwear industry. It offers information on the plans of City Sports, company to open its flagship store in Georgetown, Washington, D.C. It mentions that Airwair International Ltd. has launched its first flagship store in Manhattan, New York City. It...
- Analysts' Picks for the New Year. // FN: Footwear News;1/17/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p2
The article offers information on several footwear companies that are expected to make good business in the upcoming time including Nike Inc., DSW Inc. and Steven Madden Ltd.
- ATHLETIC LIFESTYLE: NIKE SB. A. G. // Footwear Plus;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p32
The article profiles Nike SB, winner of the Athletic Lifestyle category in the 2010 Plus Awards.
- Nike Takes a Stab at Artistry. R.F. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/4/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 87, p9
Examines the efforts of Nike to use art in marketing its Air Prestor line of footwear. Display installed by the company on the wall of an art gallery in New York; Objective of the display.