Dollar General's dynasty to end
- Dollar General's Turner tenders resignation. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the resignation of Cal Turner, Jr. as chief executive officer of Dollar General, marking an end to the three generations of the founding Turner family. Success of the company under Turner's leadership.
- Lessons of service are taught from the top down at Dollar General. Longo, Don // Discount Store News;9/19/94, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p19
Makes observations concerning the business operations of Dollar General. Company's mission of service to others; Cal Turner Jr. as president and chief executive officer of company; Financial performance; Background on company's creation.
- Dollar General eyes growth. Howell, Debbie // Discount Store News;6/21/99, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on the technology systems strategies of Dollar General Corp. in the United States. Plans to expand its distribution systems; Number of stores to be added and relocated; Comments from chief executive officer Cal Turner Jr.; Sales and earnings of the company.
- A father's legacy. Turner Jr., Cal // Chain Store Age;Jan2001, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p52
Provides information on how Cal Turner Jr., chairman and chief executive of Dollar General Corp., was influenced by his father, Cal Turner.
- New Chief at Dollar General. Karr, Arnold K. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/4/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 68, p4
Announces the appointment of David Perdue Jr. as chief executive officer of Dollar General Corp. based in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. Duties and responsibilities; Career background; Recognition of strategic leadership and disciple of Perdue.
- DOLLAR'S LOSS. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/8/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 94, p2
Announces the resignation of Donald S. Shaffer as president and chief operating officer of Dollar General Corp. to pursue other opportunities.
- Dollar General Sees Trading Down Continue. Zwiebach, Elliot // Supermarket News Expert Blog;3/25/2013, p3
The article offers updates on the performance of Dollar General Corp., a chain of variety stores, as of March 25, 2013. According to Dollar General Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, customer continues to be one of the segments that they continue to grow. For the fourth quarter of financial...
- Dollar General's Dreiling to retire. // Chain Drug Review;7/72014, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p2
The article announces that Rick Dreiling will retire as chief executive officer of Dollar General Corp. next spring.
- US: Dollar General CEO Dreiling to retire in 2015. Russell, Michelle // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);7/4/2014, p5
The article reports that Rick Dreiling, chief executive officer (CEO) of U.S. retailer Dollar General Corp. is to retire by the end of May 2015.