Maryland May Postpone a Tax Cut In an Effort to Balance Its Budget
- The Netherlands. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;Oct87, Vol. 100 Issue 1130, p54
Reports on the plan of the Dutch government to reduce income tax in 1998 by lowering the tax rate in the bottom tax bracket.
- Tax rates fall. // BRW;7/1/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p27
Presents data concerning tax cuts and average rates of personal income tax in Australia from 1984 through 2008. Tendency of average rates to fall in recessions; Combined effects of tax cuts.
- Make Class War No More. // Human Events;1/6/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p3
Addresses the assumption behind the class-war attacks on proposed cuts in federal income tax rates in the U.S. Correlation of the income tax burden with incomes in various social classes; Average tax payment of the median American family in 1998; Implication of tax cuts for the income of taxpayers.
- Oklahoma Leaders Must Reconcile Income Tax Cuts. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/19/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33681, p5
The article reports on legislative measures approved by Oklahoma law makers which require leaders to reconcile state income tax cuts.
- Tax Rollback. // Time;3/2/1953, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p30
The article provides information on the across-the-board tax cut for Canadian citizens in 1953-1954 which includes an 11 percent reduction in personal income tax and general reductions in business taxes.
- Time for tax reform. Ridout, Heather // Manufacturers' Monthly;Mar2006, p6
The article focuses on the need to reform Australia's complex and competitive tax system. It goes on to discuss how cutting personal income tax rates for lower income earners can complement the government's workplace relations and welfare and can also help businesses. It also discusses how...
- Croatia's govt announces income tax cuts for 2015. // Regional Today;8/26/2014, p4
The article discusses the plans of the Croatian government to implement income tax cuts in the year 2015 and presents its impact on untaxed income rates.
- Critics take aim at tax plan. MILLER, JAY // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/2/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p7
The article discusses the criticisms raised against a proposal by Ohio Governor John Kasich to cut the income tax on the smallest businesses in 2015.
- OKLAHOMA: Report Tax Cuts Cost $600M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/9/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32957, p9
The article reports on the impact of income tax cuts on Oklahoma's spending for education and other programs. The state's revenue from income taxes should have grown 7.5% between fiscal 1992 and 2006, but only 1% was realized because of tax cuts approved by the Legislature in 2004 and 2006....