WISCONSIN: Merge for Money
- Milwaukee Faces Property Tax Hike, New Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p4
Reports on Milwaukee Mayor John O. Norquist's release of a proposed 2001 all-funds budget that includes new fees and a property tax hike. Proposed general obligation borrowing; Milwaukee bond issuance.
- News roundup: Districts. // Education Week;3/6/96, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p4
Cites developments concerning school districts in the United States as of March 6, 1996. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Mayor John Norquist's support of a small-schools proposal; Casualties in a Saint Louis, Missouri high school when a man opened fire aboard a school bus; Boycott by teachers in the...
- Milwaukee Mayor Boosts School Choice. // Human Events;02/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p3
Interviews John Norquist, the Democratic mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin on school choice. Important thing voters should know about school choice; Details on the choice system in the United States; Way to push parental choice across the country.
- Mayor John Norquist. Knack, Ruth // Planning;Apr96, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the receipt by Milwaukee, Wisconsin Mayor John Norquist of a distinguished leadership award from the American Planning Association. Test for good architecture; Sources of influence of his design crusade; Support for the neotraditional planning movement.
- TRANSPORTATION. Norquist, John // Metropolis: Architecture Design;Jan2010, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p52
The article presents the insights of Congress of New Urbanists president John Norquist regarding the federal funding for road and transportation improvements in the U.S.
- Milwaukee may sell bonds to cover infrastructure costs, new ballpark. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30416, p3
Reports that Milwaukee Mayor John Norquist has proposed that the state issue general obligation bonds valued at $13.5 million to cover the majority portion of the costs for infrastructure work at the Brewers team baseball stadium. Deadline for payment to the Southeast Wisconsin Professional...
- The Wrong Man. Boyce, Clayton // Traffic World;10/5/98, Vol. 256 Issue 1, p5
Editorial. Comments on the railroad industry in the United States. Appointment of Milwaukee Mayor John Norquist as a representative of the industry in the meeting with the Amtrak Reform Council; Proposal of Norquist regarding the subsidy of Amtrak; Criticisms on the reliability of Norquist.
- John O. Norquist says federal and state government subsidies frustrate urban redevelopment. // Business News New Jersey;06/14/99, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p11
Presents an interview with John O. Norquist, the mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on urban redevelopment. State of urban centers in the United States; Problems of New Jersey's urban centers.
- John Norquist. Pearson, John // Our States: Wisconsin;2016, p1
This article presents a profile of Democrat John Norquist, who has served as Mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin since 1988. Biographical information includes details of his education as well as his fourteen years of service in the state legislature. Norquist's reputation as a liberal Democrat,...