OHIO: Ohio State Deals
- CSU Tests the Waters. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p1
Reports that Trustees of the California State University plan to issue several million dollars of insured system-wide revenue bonds as of January 8, 2003. Reasons for issuing bonds; Details of the deal; Ratings of these bonds awarded by ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- N.Y. Dorm To Refund $885 Million. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p1
Reports the selling of the bonds of New York State Dormitory Authority to refund debt to finance State University of New York educational facility. Schedule for the marketing of the bonds; Amount expected in present-value savings from the deal; Arrangements for the rate of the bonds.
- Upcoming $72M Sale Will Fund Arena For California State University Fresno. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p30
Reports that more than $70 million in tax-exempt revenue bonds is expected to be sold in January 2002 in order to build a collegiate sports arena for a central California state university. Design and capacity of the arena; Sources from where the debt will be secured; Ratings assigned to the...
- Court Clears Oklahoma Higher Ed Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32309, p5
The article reports on the refusal of the Oklahoma Supreme Court to rehear a failed challenge to the federally taxable bonds, the sale of which will push through to fund endowed chairs at state colleges and universities in Oklahoma. The proceeds from the bond issuance will be used to generate...
- Texas Lawmakers Work to Pass $3.7B of Tuition Revenue Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32381, p6
The article focuses on the actions of Texas legislature concerning the approval of the 3.7 billion dollars of tuition revenue bonds to finance projects for state colleges and universities. The house had reached a consensus on the tuition revenue bond issue, which provide funding for public...
- University Funding. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p27
Reports on the compromise budget for fiscal 2006 in Kansas. Plans of the House and Senate members to authorize issuance of bonds to expand research operations at three state universities; Inquiry into budget maneuvering at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- California State University in Market With $165M Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31814, p3
Reports on the retail order period of the California State University System for its revenue bond sale. Amount of refunding bonds offered; Proceeds of the bonds; Aim to create an efficient borrowing structure with a diverse revenue base.
- Raleigh State Set to Deal. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33300, p9
The article reports that the North Carolina State University (NCSU) at Raleigh is expected to issue 77.5 million dollars of tax-exempt and Build America Bonds (BABs) that will help NCSU fund a veterinary hospital, parking garage and student services in Raleigh.
- Phoenix Plans $233 Million for ASU Campus. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p3
Reports on the plan of Phoenix to contribute an amount of bond proceeds to provide a downtown campus for Arizona State University (ASU) in Dallas. Rating of the city's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service; Estimated amount of financing for the ASU project; Release of...