MICHIGAN: Archer's Last Acts
- Archer's good, but he sure could use a COO. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;3/11/96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p6
Opinion. Argues the point that Detroit Mayor, Dennis Archer needs a president or COO. Reasons.
- Archer's stock rises. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/96, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p46
Reports that Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer was designated one of `The 25 Most Dynamic Mayors in America' according to the November 1996 issue of `Newsweek magazine's `A' list. How Archer was labelled; Identification of other individuals who made the list.
- Outgoing Mayor to Rejoin Detroit Law Firm . // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p4
Reports on the appointment of the Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer at the post of chairman in the law firm Dickinson Wright. Common objective of the law firm and Archer.
- Detroit Mayor Archer Won't Seek Third Term. // Jet;05/07/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p26
Reports that Dennis Archer, Mayor of Detroit, Michigan, will not seek re-election in November 2001.
- Agenda after Archer: Here's our to-do list. // Crain's Detroit Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p8
Provides a list of concerns that potential successors of Detroit, Michigan Mayor Dennis Archer should address. Achievements of Archer as mayor; Focus on addressing the anti-business attitudes that permeate much of Detroit; Development of abandoned properties.
- With Archer leaving, now what will happen? Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p8
Comments on Dennis Archer's decision not to seek a third term as Detroit, Michigan mayor. Evaluation of Archer's performance; Number of signatures needed to file for the mayoral election by June 19, 2001; Support of the city's business community for a mayoral candidate.
- Archer's looking for a clear mandate Tuesday. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;11/03/97, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p46
Discusses the possible second four-year term of Mayor Dennis Archer of Detroit, Michigan after the 1997 election. Fortuitous events used by Archer to garner maximum public exposure; Projects and agenda of Archer.
- Archer likely to be hot board candidate. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the likelihood that retiring Detroit, Michigan Mayor Dennis Archer will be a top board candidate for public companies in the Midwest and beyond. Qualifications of Archer; Estimated compensation for corporate directors; Possibility of Archer's appointment as the first African-American...
- Think green, not black. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/25/93, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p6
Editorial. Discusses the focus on race issues during the Detroit mayoral campaign. Mayoral candidates Dennis Archer and Sharon McPhail; City of Detroit's need for business investment that creates jobs and stabilizes neighborhoods; McPhail's campaign which questions Archer's `blackness';...