Alabama Prepares $103.76M Tobacco Settlement Deal
- Jacksonville, Fla., to Issue $94M in Revenue Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p1
Reports on plans to issue revenue bonds in 2002 by the city Jacksonville, Florida for its several developments. Comments of the city's mayor John Delaney on fluctuations in sales tax collection; Areas for which fund was recommended by the city committee; Overview of the Better Jacksonville Plan.
- KANSAS: Get Your RZ Bonds Here. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p7
The article announces the plan of Kansas Department of Commerce to take applications for statewide allocations of 46 million dollars recovery zone facility bond capacity and 31.5 million dollars recovery zone economic development bonds on July 1. 2010.
- Sunshine State Cities Chart Downtown Renewal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31199, p32
Focuses on the economic development projects despite slowing economy in Florida. Details on the revenue bonds issued to finance infrastructure projects; Approval on the multi-phase downtown waterfront project; Use of taxes to back revenue bonds.
- Joseph Behnken, Southwestern Illinois Development Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p40
Focuses on the operations of the Southwestern Illinois Development Authority. Provision of technical advice and assistance through bond issues and loans; Determination of projects needing assistance; Emphasis on moral obligation pledge.
- Proposition Successes a Business Boon. Hill, Martin // San Diego Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p54
Comments on the propositions for the economic growth in California. Development of infrastructure of quality education and housing; Opportunity of the state to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of the safe environment for the people.
- Bonds a boon to job growth in New York, panelists say. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;12/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30783, p7
Focuses on the benefits from bond-financed economic development programs in New York. Jobs and opportunities created; Shift of focus of the New York Industrial Development Agency.
- State would float $750M in bonds for large projects. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;02/04/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the economic development projects of the New York State for the Buffalo-Niagara Region. Budget of the State for the project; Issuance of the State on bonds for the project by Empire Opportunity Fund; Responses of the advocacy groups on the project.
- Panel: San Diego Waterfront Example of Wise Investment. // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p40
Comments on the ways to achieve success in economic development in San Diego. California. Maximization of financing plan for development; Use of private-activity bonds; Stimulation of local economies by convention centers.
- Frisco, Tex., Putting $198M of Bonds, Arts District Before Voters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p3
Reports the decision of Dallas suburb of Frisco on the 197.5 million dollars general obligation bond in Texas. Proposal to finance capital projects of four-city arts district; Approval on 40 million dollars election by voters; Estimation of 16 million dollars short-term holding facility for the...